Please add any comments on the related Marketing Tasks GitHub issue or in the #marketing channel on the Make WordPress Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/..
- This meeting was organized on GitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ card #195
- Leading the meeting:@sereedmedia
- Taking notes: @santanainniss
- Slack link to meeting start: https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C0GKJ7TFA/p1678201325798219
- Please continue to provide feedback on the notes as we update our format. Please comment on GitHub Issue 194 or leave comments directly on notes posts. We’ll collect feedback on what’s been shipped, and iterate!
- We recently did a last call for goals for the 2023 Marketing team on GitHub card #165. Team reps will now consolidate and publish a goals post.
- WordPress 6.2 live demo happened. You can view the demo here.
WordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/ social media updates
- WordPress maintained strong growth during the week in net-new followers with a 984 jump. This is down slightly as we had a larger group of Twitter followers again deactivate accounts following some news in the media regarding Twitter. Despite not having the Twitter numbers, we excelled in performance with LinkedIn, which grew by 622, or two-thirds of the total growth.
- Part of the overall performance came from the WP 20th Anniversary campaign along with the Photo Directory campaign around the World Wildlife Day celebrations. This top 3 also included a separate campaign focused on a WP 6.2 Beta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. 4 campaign.
- Here is a look at some of the performance numbers for the last week:
- Impressions: 309,143
- Engagements: 5,665
- Link clicks: 1,439
- Engagement Rate: 1.8%
Marketing Project and Task Discussion
- Leveraging marketing strategies to eclipse WordPress competitors #202
- Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ and Blogging Campaign #199
- WordPress for Corporate Sized Entities #22
- WordPress Media Outreach #135
- @rmartinezduque clarified that there are no additional updates at this time.
- Update Marketing Handbooks “Get Involved” pages to improve contribution process for Marketing contributors #169
- Moving GitHub issues that are used to explain process or structure of Marketing Team to Handbook #180
- Capturing Marketing Photos for the WordPress Photo Directory #189
- @rmartinezduque clarifies the different efforts. #178 is more focused on social content to promote the Photo Directory.
You can find the attendance thread here: https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C0GKJ7TFA/p1678201406643379