The Marketing team promotes WordPress to current and future users and contributors. We create and amplify campaigns to support the growth of the WordPress project.
On Tuesday, January 11– Marketing Team Reps Robin, Santana, and Sé connected via video chat to meet for the first time, discuss onboarding logistics for the team repTeam Rep A Team Rep is a person who represents the Make WordPress team to the rest of the project, make sure issues are raised and addressed as needed, and coordinates cross-team efforts. role, and to share our visions and goals for the Make Marketing Team in 2023!
- Resolving team rep access issues and outlining general responsibilities
- Updating team meeting to Tuesdays at 15:00 UTC
- Reviewing outstanding issues/discussions in GitHubGitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/
- Finalizing WordCampWordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. Asia contributor dayContributor Day Contributor Days are standalone days, frequently held before or after WordCamps but they can also happen at any time. They are events where people get together to work on various areas of https://make.wordpress.org/ There are many teams that people can participate in, each with a different focus. https://2017.us.wordcamp.org/contributor-day/ https://make.wordpress.org/support/handbook/getting-started/getting-started-at-a-contributor-day/.
- Our individual and shared values
- Our individual and shared wish list items for 2023
- 2023 Marketing vision
Outstanding Github issues/discussions:
Team rep values and commitments:
- The team reps discussed a mutual commitment to open sourceOpen Source Open Source denotes software for which the original source code is made freely available and may be redistributed and modified. Open Source **must be** delivered via a licensing model, see GPL. principals, inclusion, transparency, and collaboration
- While there may be times where it makes sense for team reps to meet or chat directly, we will do our best to update the team on this blog, in meetings, or in the SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. channel
- Acknowledgement of contribution efforts across WordPress is another shared value.
Vision for 2023:
- Creating a 2023 team goals post with collaboration from contributors
- Create GH discussion to start collaboration
- Identifying, supporting, and increasing “good first issue” contribution
- Improving inter-team communication with other Make teams
Call for contribution:
It’s time to set our goals and vision for the Make Marketing team in 2023! So we are opening our first call for contribution for the Make Marketing team in 2023! As we set team goals for 2023, we want to know what you think, as a Marketing team member, or a member of any Make WordPress team.
Please join the open call for discussion on GitHub. The discussion will close on January 30, 2023. We will then discuss the results in the January 31, 2023 Make Marketing team meeting. Team reps will post team goals on the blog by no later than February 15, 2023. Head over to GitHub now to share your priority items, vision, goals, or ideas today!