The meeting will take place on Wednesday, November 30, 2022 at 15:00 UTC[/time]. The GitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ issue for this meeting is #125.
- Welcome to the team and visitors
- Notes from last week’s meeting, November 23, 2022
- Getting to know each other
- 2a. Attendance – you can share if you are joining the meeting on Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/.. Everyone is welcome to join in live or asynchronously if the meeting is not in your time zone or at a time that is suitable for you.
- 2b. Social Question for the week – this is one of the many ways new contributors can be involved. It is fun too! Come and share with others in the team.
- Notetakers and coffee break facilitators – volunteer opportunities
- Team Rep A Team Rep is a person who represents the Make WordPress team to the rest of the project, make sure issues are raised and addressed as needed, and coordinates cross-team efforts. nominations 2023 – find out more on the website.
- Projects and Task Updates
- 5a. Raising awareness on GitHub cards
- 5b. Updates on WordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/ social media accounts and how you can help
- 5c. Contributor events update
- 5d. Newsletters and series
- Diary dates – upcoming events and meetings
- Open Floor
- If you have an item, please add it to this week’s planning card to help the team reps highlight your request.
How you can get involved with the planning and weekly meetings
Each meeting week has its own card on the Tasks board in the WordPress Marketing Repository where you can add suggestions for the agenda and provide updates. Asynchronous updates are welcome if you are unable to attend. The team works across the different time zones, and all contributions are very welcome. To add to a GitHub card, you just need to have a GitHub account, which is free to set up.