The weekly WordPress Marketing Team meeting will be held in the #marketing channel of the Making WordPress Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. on Wednesday, November 8, 2022 at 15:00 UTC. The GitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ issue for this meeting is Issue #122.
- Welcome to the team and visitors
- Getting to know each other
- 2a. Attendance thread – Who is joining the meeting on Slack today – contributors attending live and asynchronously
- 2b. Social Question
- Notetakers and coffee break facilitators – volunteer opportunities
- Note taking rota for next few weeks, and opportunities to volunteer. @robinwpdeveloper will be taking this week’s notes.
- Projects and Task Updates
- 4a. Updates on WordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/ social media accounts and how you can help
- 4b. Updates on forthcoming WordPress releases and FSE
- 4c. Contributor events update
- 4d. Newsletters and series
- Diary dates – upcoming events and meetings
- Open Floor
- If you have an item, please do add it to this week’s planning card to help the team reps highlight your request.
How you can get involved with the planning and weekly meetings
Each meeting week has its own card on the Tasks board in the WordPress Marketing Repository where you can add suggestions for the agenda and provide updates. Asynchronous updates are welcome if you are unable to attend. The team works across the different time zones, and all contributions are very welcome. To add to a GitHub card, you just need to have a GitHub account, which is free to set up.