The weekly WordPress Marketing Team meeting will be held in the #marketing channel of the Making WordPress Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. on Wednesday 7 August 2022, at 16:00 UTC. Asynchronous contribution is welcome. The GitHub ticket card (#107) for this week’s meeting planning.
- Welcome to the team and visitors. Useful links will be shared to help those new follow along in the meeting.
Notes from last week’s meeting on August 31, 2022. Thank you to @laurlittle
- Getting to know each other
a. Who is with us today – contributors attending live and asynchronously
b. Social question of the week
- Notetakers and coffee break facilitators – volunteer opportunities
– Notes from August 24, 2022 – thanks to @ugyensupport and @webcommsat
– Can you volunteer to draft a future meeting note? Add yourself to the GitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ card for the week or share during the meeting on Slack.
– Volunteer for our bi-weekly coffee break (GitHub card #23). More on helping to facilitate a coffee break (guide updated).
- Projects and Task Updates
Marketing Team GitHub board and check-ins on cards including a request from Meta on taking forward the WordPress.org menu options
a. Update on WordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/ social media accounts
b. Forthcoming WordPress releases and Full Site Editing
c. Contributor Events updates – the next major one will take place at WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. US. Please let us know if you know of any others taking place that are planning a Marketing Table. Italian version of the Make WordPress and Slack onboarding video
d. Newsletters, campaigns, and event updates
- Follow up from the Photos directory initiative (GitHub card 80) for World Photography Day.
- Diary/Calendar Dates
– Next week’s meeting and planning – September 14, 2022 (GitHub #110)
– Follow this Google Calendar with meetings, collaborations, and social activities.
– The team lists important dates in this Forthcoming Diary Dates post.
- Open Floor
Note: Each meeting week has its own card on the Tasks board in the WordPress Marketing Repo. You can add suggestions for the agenda, link to updates on cards, or give an asynchronous update on a task if you are unlikely to be able to attend the particular week’s meeting. The team works across the different timezones, and contributions are very welcome.
Thank you to contributors who have made suggestions and given feedback,
and assisted with updating the blog and GitHub cards this last week.