The weekly WordPress Marketing Team meeting will be held in the #marketing channel of the Making WordPress Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. at Wednesday August 17, 2022 at 15:00 UTC . Asynchronous contribution is welcome. The GitHub card (card 97) for this week’s meeting planning.
- Welcome to the team and visitors. Useful links will be shared to help those new follow along in the meeting.
- Getting to know each other
a. Who is with us today – contributors attending live and asynchronously
b. Social question of the week
- Notetakers and coffee break facilitators – volunteer opportunities
– Notes from August 10, 2022 – thank you to @rmartinezduque
– Can you volunteer to draft a future meeting note?
– Volunteer call for notetakers and for our bi-weekly coffee break.
- Projects and Task Updates
Marketing Team GitHub board and check-ins on cards
a. Update on WordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/ social media accounts
b. Forthcoming WordPress releases
c. Contributor Events updates – WCUS. Please let us know if you know of any others taking place that are planning a Marketing Table.
d. Newsletters, campaigns, and event updates
- Photos directory initiative (GitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ card 80) for World Photography Day.
- Month in WordPress August (GitHub card 102) newsletter and how you can subscribe to it
- Diary/Calendar Dates
– Next week’s meeting and planning – GitHub card for August 24, 2022 (GitHub card 105)
– Follow this Google Calendar with meetings, collaborations, and social activities.
– The team lists important dates in this Forthcoming Diary Dates post.
- Open Floor
If you have any items you would like to ask to be scheduled or provide asynchronous information for Open Floor, you can add them in comments below or to GitHub card 97 for this week.
Note: Each meeting week has its own card on the Tasks board in the WordPress Marketing Repo. You can add suggestions for the agenda, link to updates on cards, or give an asynchronous update on a task if you are unlikely to be able to attend the particular week’s meeting. The team works across the different timezones, and contributions are very welcome.
Thank you to contributors who have made suggestions and given feedback,
and assisted with updating the blog and GitHub cards this last week.