If you are reading these notes on a website other than the Make WordPress Marketing blog, please contact us on the #marketing channel on Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. or via the team’s blog as we may not be aware of comments you add on other sites to be able to reply or help involve you.
A reminder to those who have notes pending to please complete them and share in the marketing channel with @yvettesonneveld, @EidolonNight, or @DanSoschin.
The “rota” for notes will be scheduled for February and March 2022 shortly and announced here.
Notes should follow this general template and be completed (and shared) for publishing on this blog within about a day of the original meeting. This provides ample opportunity for contributors to provide comments and updates ahead of the next meeting.
Rota for Drafting Notes:
- 02 February 2022 – Dan Soschin
- 09 February 2022 – Santana Innis
- 16 February 2022 – Santana Innis
- 23 February 2022 – Dan Soschin
- 02 March 2022 – Anjana Vasan
- 09 March 2022 – Brett McSherry
- 16 March 2022 – TBD
- 23 March 2022 – TBD
- 30 March 2022 – TBD
1. Welcome & Introductions
These summary notes focus on key items and actions from the meeting and assist with an asynchronous contribution to the Global Marketing Team. For those unable to attend a meeting due to timezone issues please do join the discussion threads after the meeting via Slack, or add your comments to this post.
2. Participants & How to Contribute
3. Team & Project Updates
4. WordPress 5.9
- WordPress 5.9 debuted on 25 January 2022! Please help by sharing official announcements within your social and professional networks. Here are some official links you can access:
- Official release announcement for 5.9
5. Team Rep A Team Rep is a person who represents the Make WordPress team to the rest of the project, make sure issues are raised and addressed as needed, and coordinates cross-team efforts. Nominations
- This is the final meeting for the incumbent (2021 and before) team reps
- The marketing team contributors shared their thanks for the great work the outgoing reps have made over the past couple of years, especially during some specifcally challenging times
- The 2nd week in February is tentatively going to have a coffee break to thank the outgoing reps for their contributions to WordPress via the marketing rep role (more details to be announced soon via Slack and a separate post on this blog)
- @EidolonNight is sharing this transitioning doc with open questions
- @yvettesonneveld is working with other incumbent outgoing team reps on transitioning responsibilities to @EidolonNight and finalizing who will fill the other open slot
Calendar & Upcoming Events
- Google Calendar with meetings, collaborations, and social activities
- If you are using Microsoft Outlook, follow this guide to embed Team’s Calendar in your own calendar
- If you have difficulties or a need to embed our calendar into other tools, please reach out
- Upcoming Diary Dates are in this dedicated post (meetings, chats, collaborations, etc.)
- Next meeting: Wednesday 02 February 2022 @ 15:00 UTC
- To get on the agenda, please visit our Slack and share your note, or leave a comment on this post
- If you see an error (typo, incorrect link, etc.) please ping The act of sending a very small amount of data to an end point. Ping is used in computer science to illicit a response from a target server to test it’s connection. Ping is also a term used by Slack users to @ someone or send them a direct message (DM). Users might say something along the lines of “Ping me when the meeting starts.” the notes author in Slack with details