The Marketing team promotes WordPress to current and future users and contributors. We create and amplify campaigns to support the growth of the WordPress project.
- (a) Who is with us (b) New people to the channel (c) Social, fun question
- Notes and final additions for the Update
- Updates on 5.9
- Help us test 5.9 features https://make.wordpress.org/test/2021/11/30/help-test-wordpress-5-9-features/
- WordPress 5.9 BetaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. 1 was released and is available for testing. Thanks to everyone who took part with this before and yesterday. https://wordpress.org/news/2021/11/wordpress-5-9-beta-1/
- A look at WordPress 5.9 https://wordpress.org/news/2021/11/a-look-at-wordpress-5-9/
- State of the WordState of the Word This is the annual report given by Matt Mullenweg, founder of WordPress at WordCamp US. It looks at what we’ve done, what we’re doing, and the future of WordPress. https://wordpress.tv/tag/state-of-the-word/. update – meeting Slack link on the social media information
- WordPress Annual Survey – meeting Slack link to the information
- People of WordPress update – latest feature
- Month in WordPress Newsletter update – GitHub card
- Team nominations update and meeting times – Slack link to item
- Collaborations (below)
We hope to be able to do some more on this today and have been trying to sort out some tech access issues. Even if we can’t access the board, we will be able to explore some of the questions and chart where some of the cards could go on the board.
If we can not do this in today’s meeting, we will arrange a new date and find a date that works better for more people.
More details – the original post. UPDATE: Nicholas will be adding a new screenshot to the post after the collaboration and some notes. Please do add further comments directly on the post before the meeting on 8 December 2021.
To continue to draft and review social media posts for a direct usage on channels and available to be adapted.
Channels: Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Draft posts on the video workshops in the GitHubGitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ card (linked below) for these three channels.
- Mark up items which would benefit from an image or where an image exists which could be sized and used.
- Include any social media tags following a search on those channels, that could be relevant. The main tag we use is #LearnWP
The Google document we will be using will be shared in the meeting and has been posted at 13:00 UTC in the channel.
The video workshops to be promoted and any further discussion items for the card (Marketing GitHub).
Links to more on this collaboration and other items for this week will be updated on this post later today for anyone wanting to contribute async. Thanks in advance.
We will cover an update on 5.9. From next week, as the About page content is coming together, we will be able to start more work on the draft socials posts and search. More details.
The next catch up on the About Page will be in the Core Slack channel on Friday 3 December 2021, at 19:00 UTC. Link to the beginning of the collaboration in the Make WordPress Core channel.