If you are reading these notes on a website other than the Make WordPress Marketing blog, please contact us on the #marketing channel on Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. or via the team’s blog as we may not be aware of comments you add on other sites to be able to reply or help involve you.
Link to the start of the meeting on the Marketing Slack to help with an async contribution.
1. Welcome, introduction
These summary notes focus on key items and actions from the meeting and assist with an asynchronous contribution to the Global Marketing Team. For those unable to attend a meeting due to timezone issues please do join the discussion threads after the meeting and send your updates.
- Attendees Slack Thread
- New people and returners to the channel
3. Meeting Notes
A. Pending Notes
A reminder to those who have notes pending to please finish them up as soon as possible and let @lmurillom or @meher know in the main #marketing channel when they’re done.
We are updating the P2 P2 or O2 is the term people use to refer to the Make WordPress blog. It can be found at https://make.wordpress.org/. with notes that have had links that need updating or ones that need copying over from the google doc, including some older items left in the google doc due to Covid-issues. Thanks to everyone for stepping in to help with this.
Thank you to @majaloncar and @femkreations who have stepped in and volunteered to do notes for 3 November 2021 and 17th November 2021.
Rota for Drafting Notes:
Please note that the initial draft is needed by Friday 17.00 UTC each week to help with actions and follow-ups that might be needed.
After every meeting, we now add a link to the Slack meeting at the top of the weekly agenda on the P2 (make Marketing Team blog).
Notes are a summary of the main points in the meeting. Read more about notes in this slack thread.
4. Team Rep A Team Rep is a person who represents the Make WordPress team to the rest of the project, make sure issues are raised and addressed as needed, and coordinates cross-team efforts. Elections
- We are continuing our call for team reps for 2022 for the Marketing team.
- Thanks to everyone who contributed, edited, made suggestions, and asked questions relating to our follow-up post.
- Josepha and Chloe confirmed the election cycle for all teams will be yearly, and that existing team reps across teams stand afresh if they would like to, for the role.
- As we have some fairly newly appointed team reps in marketing, following previous requests for nominating people in the team, we would like to thank them too for their energy and hope they will consider standing.
- A list of answers to questions regarding Team Rep Elections can be found in this Slack thread by @webcommsat.
If you would like to stand or nominate someone in the team who you feel would be a good team rep, you can do so in comments on the post or speak to one of the existing team reps. We have also been holding drop-in sessions if anyone has any questions.
5. Updates from other teams and links
Updates from: @EidolonNight
- For awareness rather than a request for anything, planning for WordCamp Europe 2022 is underway
- With 5.9 delayed, that means that our next big event is State of the Word on 14 December 2021. There will be some organic and paid content going out on the WordPress profiles for Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. If you spot any of it, please like, share, comment, etc.
- State of the Word This is the annual report given by Matt Mullenweg, founder of WordPress at WordCamp US. It looks at what we’ve done, what we’re doing, and the future of WordPress. https://wordpress.tv/tag/state-of-the-word/.: The current posts to share and pull messaging from are: The announcement post (this is where the stream will be posted when live) and this is post for anyone attending live
B. Core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress.
Update from: @webcommsat and @marybaum
- The About page/ help page bug scrub/ check-in has also changed from Mondays 19:00 UTC to 20:30. The full bug scrub schedule.
- The revised schedule for 5.9. Please do read this. We will be continuing to work on items for 5.9.
- With 5.9 delayed, that means that our next big event is State of the Word on 14 December. It’d be great to do the usual social amplification: sharing the post on your personal social profiles, sharing on the Make Marketing profiles, etc. There will be some organic and paid content going out on the WordPress profiles for Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. If you spot any of it, please like, share, comment, etc.
Update from: @lmurillom
Thanks for sharing #OnlineWPMeetup and other posts! Please engage/amplify:
- This week’s Online WP Meetup All local/regional gatherings that are officially a part of the WordPress world but are not WordCamps are organized through https://www.meetup.com/. A meetup is typically a chance for local WordPress users to get together and share new ideas and seek help from one another. Searching for ‘WordPress’ on meetup.com will help you find options in your area. Roundup on LinkedIn
- FSE Hallway Hangouts promo on LinkedIn
- #WPDiversity Promo for 27 November
- For anyone who has not seen our collaborations items for today, copy them over to this area too. We have a dedicated collaboration/ drop-in time for anyone who is stuck/ has questions after the main meeting, starting at 15:00 UTC.
- Next week during part of the meeting and in our dedicated collaboration slot at 15:00 UTC, we will be spending some time on a video call looking at the board draft for the contributor ladder, as we know this time is not suitable for everyone with different time zones.
- Today, we will be continuing with the Learn WordPress collaboration from last week.
- Continued with the Learn WordPress collaboration from last week. Link to the collaboration Doc can be found in this slack thread.
7. Diary Dates
Next Marketing Team Meeting
- Wednesday 17 November, 14:00 UTC – Global Marketing Team meeting in the #marketing channel on Slack.
- Does your task need some time in the future agenda? Contact @meher and @webcommsat in the #marketing channel on Slack.
➤ How to get started?
- We have a number of new contributors shadowing at the moment. Please do let us know if you would like some help.
- If you were in the Marketing Team meeting and would like some extra help to get started to contribute to the project, contact @maedahbatool and @yvettesonneveld for information on future Contributors Onboarding events.