The Marketing team promotes WordPress to current and future users and contributors. We create and amplify campaigns to support the growth of the WordPress project.
Today’s Global Marketing Team meeting will be focused on the ongoing collaboration for social media promotion of Learn WordPress workshops.
After the welcome, a link to last week’s draft notes in the Google document, and any urgent requests for help/ task updates, we will be able to go straight into the collaboration.
We have two tasks already shared in SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. yesterday relating to:
- the polyglot newsletter (some of the team will continue to work on this to support the polyglots after the meeting and new people are welcome to come and discover more about polyglot conribution)
- WPDiversity next event promotion: you can join in this after the main meeting using the links which will be shared in Slack
Learn WordPress social media collaboration task
To draft social media posts for a direct usage on channels we use and available to be adapted.
Channels: Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Draft posts on the video workshops in the GitHubGitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ card (linked below) for these three channels.
- Mark up items which would benefit from an image or where an image exists which could be sized and used.
- Include any social media tags following a search on those channels, that could be relevant. The main tag we use is #LearnWP
The Google document we will be using will be shared in the meeting and has been posted at 13:00 UTC in the channel.
The video workshops to be promoted and any further discussion items for the card (Marketing GitHub).
Links to more on this collaboration and other items for this week will be updated on this post later today for anyone wanting to contribute async. Thanks in advance.