The meeting will start at 14:00 UTC in the marketing channel on the Make WordPress Slack. All welcome.
Link to the start of the meeting on the Marketing Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. to help with asynchronous contribution.
- (i) Who is with us? (ii) Welcoming new people, returners and visitors to the channel
Get involved information
Setting up Make WordPress Slack and WordPress.org accounts
- Follow-ups, note taker recruitment, actions
a) Notes from previous meetings for review/ queries if needed
b) Recruitment – Would you like to help source the weekly agenda links and information from other teams? It is a great way to get to know what’s happening in the project and this information is also used for a number of marcomms purposes. We collate information in this rolling google doc.
c) Notetakers for coming weeks – join our group of contributors taking part in producing notes and updates
c) GitHub – sessions on how to use this and to help those writing the how to material/ wiki are being planned.
Next practical session will be GitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/: we have had no date matches in people’s availability. We will run a poll instead for two dates and pick the one most people can do. This session is hoped to be focused on those new to using GitHub. You will need a GitHub account set up and available to use in the online video session. Please do start using our GitHub if you are comfortable with using the software.
Mapping tasks board
- Updates relating to other Make Teams
- Core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress.-related items (including releases, FSE, Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/)
- For awareness and potential promotions. Many of these links will be useful for work on marcomms for 5.9
- Any further updates on 5.8.2 and 5.9?
- Social media amplification pack updates
- 5.9 Bug scrub dates
- Community-related items involving the Marketing team
- Month in WordPress, October 2021
- Meetup All local/regional gatherings that are officially a part of the WordPress world but are not WordCamps are organized through https://www.meetup.com/. A meetup is typically a chance for local WordPress users to get together and share new ideas and seek help from one another. Searching for ‘WordPress’ on meetup.com will help you find options in your area. Organizer newsletter, November 2021 – date for review, publication?
- Collating information for newsletters etc
- Polyglot-related marketing: contributors needed to support WordPress Translation Day 2021 organizers editing and subtitling videos, working on interview write-ups and photo editing. Contributor opportunities
- Training Team, cross-working with Marketing and Learn.WordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/
- A sprint is taking place in the Training channel on the Make WordPress Slack on 10-12 November, 2021 to explore a dedicated volunteer program for the Training team, similar to the Deputy program in the Community Team – comments from the Marketing and Community collaboration have been shared on this post. This program is similar to Community Team’s deputies, but specific to the needs of LearnWordPress. Contributor opportunity
- Workshop/ lesson plan feedback/ queries sent to Training, awaiting final information for Marketing to prepare social media promotions. Contributor opportunities
- Follow-ups/ discussions
- Team reps nominations promotions
- Next update post – anymore suggestions/ updates on links to notes
- Ongoing discussions/ follow-up to the contributor ladder workshop. After this and next week’s meeting, if anyone would like to make suggestions to position the additional cards added to the Miro chart or help with adding comments, help will be available. You can add comments directly onto the end of the post. Josepha will present on this workshop at a future marketing team meeting.
- Any other Marketing Team business
- People of WordPress – October 2021’s feature on WordPress and e-commerce specialist Ronald Gijsel
- Social Media Promotions
- Diary Dates
Help during meetings
If you need accessibility Accessibility (commonly shortened to a11y) refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people with disabilities. The concept of accessible design ensures both “direct access” (i.e. unassisted) and “indirect access” meaning compatibility with a person’s assistive technology (for example, computer screen readers). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility) or language support to participate in any of our work and meetings, please let one of the team reps know in the marketing channel on Slack. We will try and find ways to help. We are keen to continue to try and help and promote inclusion and diversity in the team.
Weekly agenda planning
Does your Make Team have an item that needs action or input from Marketing?
Volunteer to help in the agenda preparation in the Make WordPress Marketing Slack.
Follow agenda planning and other tasks as we add them to Rolling Tasks board in the Marketing Team’s GitHub.
#LearnWP, #marketing, #marketing-team