The meeting will start at 14:00 UTC in the marketing channel on the Make WordPress Slack. All welcome.
What you will find in our detailed agenda:
- more detail and links to help those who want to contribute further to the meeting in their own timezone or immediately after the meeting
- to help provide more time in meetings for collaboration work and an easier point of reference for the links
- to help with accessibility Accessibility (commonly shortened to a11y) refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people with disabilities. The concept of accessible design ensures both “direct access” (i.e. unassisted) and “indirect access” meaning compatibility with a person’s assistive technology (for example, computer screen readers). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility)
- after the meeting, a link to the Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. meeting is added to this agenda to support asynchronous contribution
- (i) Who is with us? (ii) Welcoming new people, returners and visitors to the channel
Get involved information
Setting up Make WordPress Slack and WordPress.org accounts
- Follow-ups, note taker recruitment, actions
a) Notes from 13 October 2021 for review
b) Admin recruitment – Would you like to help source the weekly agenda links and information from other teams.
It is a great way to get to know what’s happening in the project.
c) Notetakers for coming weeks – join our group of contributors taking part in producing notes and updates
c) GitHub – sessions on how to use this and to help those writing the how to material/ wiki are being planned.
The next practical session will be GitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ will be on
27 October 2021, 17:15 UTC [Apologies, this will be rescheduled in November due to feedback with the clash with school holidays and in the week of changes with daylight saving. A new poll for a replacement date will be shared.] Please sign-up to help with training planning. This session is hoped to be focused on those new to using GitHub. You will need a GitHub account set up and available to use in the online video session.
- Updates relating to other Make Teams
- Core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress.-related items (including releases, FSE, Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/)
- For awareness and potential promotions. Many of these links will be useful for work on marcomms for 5.9
- Community-related items involving the Marketing team
- Design team:
- As the development of the Gutenberg editor progresses, new features are being considered in how they can be intuitive for users and supports their workflows. If you use the Gutenberg editor regularly, please read this article and share your thoughts.
- Polyglot-related marketing: contributors needed to support WordPress Translation Day 2021 organizers editing and subtitling videos, working on interview write-ups and photo editing.
- Training Team, cross-working with Marketing and Learn.WordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/
- Feedback/ promotions requests
- Collaboration/ Discussion
- Learn WordPress social media drafting on new lesson plans etc. We will be continuing the work on this. New contributors welcome.
- Reaching extenders: test PHP PHP (recursive acronym for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor) is a widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML. http://php.net/manual/en/intro-whatis.php. changes. We will be discussing how to best help extenders make their test suites compatible with the modernization of the WordPress Core PHP Test Suites and drafting potential communications/ social copy. Link to working document in Slack.
- Any other Marketing Team business
- Diary Dates
Help during meetings
If you need accessibility or language support to participate in any of our work and meetings, please let one of the team reps know in the marketing channel on Slack. We will try and find ways to help. We are keen to continue to try and help and promote inclusion and diversity in the team.
Weekly agenda planning
Does your Make Team have an item that needs action or input from Marketing? We are working on a new form to help teams log forthcoming interview requests.
Volunteer to help in the agenda preparation in the Make WordPress Marketing Slack.
Follow agenda planning and other tasks as we add them to Rolling Tasks board in the Marketing Team’s GitHub.
Thanks to @yvettesonneveld, @meher, @nalininonstopnewsuk, and @webcommsat for contributions to the agenda and links this week.
#LearnWP, #marketing, #marketing-team