The Marketing team promotes WordPress to current and future users and contributors. We create and amplify campaigns to support the growth of the WordPress project.
[Update: link to the start of the meeting on the Make WordPress Marketing SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/.]
Additional links and preparation for the agenda (Slack – Marketing)
- (i) Attendance – who is with us? (ii) Welcoming new people, returners and visitors to the channel
Get involved information
Setting up Make WordPress Slack and WordPress.org accounts
- Follow-ups, note taker recruitment, actions
a) Notes links for review – notes from 15 September 2021, 8 September 2021
b) Admin recruitment – Would you like to help with the weekly agenda links? Let us know in the Marketing Slack. It is a great way to get to know what’s happening in the project. We continue to recruit notetakers. Come and chat about how you can join the rotas.
c) GitHub – thanks to everyone who came to the introduction to GitHubGitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ repositories, what will be updated based on the testing and pilots, and the background to how we got there and our tools for our new contributors. Further sessions will be announced for October and November. We will keep the form available for people to be added to future sessions which will be run around attendees’ familiarity with GitHub.
- Updates relating to other Make Teams:
- CoreCore Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. (including releases, FSE)
- WPDiversity events in September 2021 in India (Links for social promotion)
- Recordings and text from the ‘Creating a Welcoming and Diverse Space’ part 1 and part 2
- MeetupMeetup All local/regional gatherings that are officially a part of the WordPress world but are not WordCamps are organized through https://www.meetup.com/. A meetup is typically a chance for local WordPress users to get together and share new ideas and seek help from one another. Searching for ‘WordPress’ on meetup.com will help you find options in your area. newsletter – next deadline for marketing, 11 October 2021
- Month in WordPress – publication 4 October 2021, deadline 2 October (TBC)
- Documentation team has a new workflow for reporting issues, using a new GitHub Repository
- Polyglot-related marketing: WordPress Translation Day running from 1 to 30 September 2021
- Training team and LearnWP
- The training team is looking for contributors to help out as welcome and support flow wranglers;
- Badges & learner achievements for courses is still open for comments
- The training team and contributors from other teams will come together on 29 September 2021, 10:00 UTC to translate content on LearnWP;
- UX audit on LearnWP
- Learn WordPress Needs Assessment Results
- Should Learn WordPress contributors be GPL compliant? – discussion on LearnWP
- Any other Marketing Team business
- Contributing ladder
- Onboarding videos
- People of WordPress
- Diary Dates
- Coffee breaks resume on 30 September 2021, 18:30 UTC
If you need accessibilityAccessibility Accessibility (commonly shortened to a11y) refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people with disabilities. The concept of accessible design ensures both “direct access” (i.e. unassisted) and “indirect access” meaning compatibility with a person’s assistive technology (for example, computer screen readers). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility) or language support to participate in any of our work and meetings, please let one of the team reps know in the marketing channel on Slack. We will try and find ways to help. We are keen to continue to try and help and promote inclusion and diversity in the team.