The Marketing team promotes WordPress to current and future users and contributors. We create and amplify campaigns to support the growth of the WordPress project.
Update: Link to the start of the meeting on the Make WordPress SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/.. Links to posts highlighted during the meeting are below.
Thanks to @webcommsat, @lmurillom and @meher for preparation on the agenda.
- (i) Attendance (ii) New people and returners to the channel
Get involved information
Setting up Make WordPress Slack and WordPress.org accounts
Examples of starter tasks
- Follow-ups, note taker recruitment, actions
a) Notes links for review
b) Notes group recruitment
c) GitHub – we are moving tasks to this tool, and you can start following them there. There will be a demo in September.
- Updates relating to other Make Teams:
- Community (including WPDiversity) – update via @lmurillom
- CoreCore Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. (including releases, FSE)
- social media amplification pack for WordPress Release 5.8
- informal media monitoring
- what’s your favorite feature
- how do you search for WordPress Release Information
- Today is WordPress 5.8.1 RCRelease Candidate A beta version of software with the potential to be a final product, which is ready to release unless significant bugs emerge. day
- Polyglot-related marketing – update from @webcommsat and @nalininonstopnewsuk
- Training team
- Collaboration: we will work on social media for creating a social media pack for WP Translation Day 2021.
- Any other Marketing Team business
- Onboarding videos
- Diary dates – please note there is no coffee break this week as the team reviews dates for the next six months