If you are reading these notes on a website other than the Make WordPress Marketing blog, please contact us on the #marketing channel on Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. or via the team’s blog as we may not be aware of comments you add on other sites to be able to reply or help involve you.
1. Welcome, introduction
These summary notes focus on key items and actions from the meeting and to assist with an asynchronous contribution to the Global Marketing Team. For those unable to attend a meeting due to timezone issues please do join the discussion threads after the meeting and send your updates.
- The meeting discussions on the Marketing team on Slack can be found at this Slack thread
- Meeting Agenda: https://wp.me/p72A3H-23M
- Meeting led by: @lmurillom and @vimes1984
- Meeting notes: @ugyensupport and @meher
- Proofread: @meher, @webcommsat
- Meeting Preparation: @webcommsat
- Follow up actions: projects and actions group
2. Contributors New and Returning
- Attendees Slack Thread
- New people and returners to the channel
3a) Meeting Notes
A big thanks to everyone for coordinating and editing drafts from past meeting notes which will be up shortly in the P2 P2 or O2 is the term people use to refer to the Make WordPress blog. It can be found at https://make.wordpress.org/.. As a few people are on personal holidays and others are unwell due to Covid, we are a little behind on Notes and will post updates in the coming weeks.
Thank you to @yvettesonneveld for working on drafting last week’s notes.
A reminder to check the draft notes is circulated at the meeting every week. Please review and check your WordPress.org ID is listed on collaborations that you have actively contributed to.
We rely on this to update the final notes and to put into our charts to show where we need extra contributors, and how we are having an input and impact onto the work assigned/requested from other teams.
Rota for drafting notes:
3b) Notes group recruitment
- If you would like to contribute by preparing notes for future meetings, please contact @lmurillom and/or @meher.
- Initial draft deadline: Friday 17:00 UTC each week to help with actions and follow-ups that might be needed.
- We are excited to continue to expand our contributors who are helping draft the notes!
3c) GitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/
- We are moving tasks to this tool, and you can start following them there.
- @vimes1984 and @webcommsat will be doing a demo showing what we have been building with your feedback, and the issues it is hoped to help solve. This live demo will be in September 2021.
4. Tasks, Working Groups, and Team Celebration
4a) Community – WPDiversity
- Thank you to those who amplified the #WPDiversity Allyship event and Online Meetups on social media.
- There is another Diversity Workshop this Friday, from 5.00PM – 6.30PM UTC which we’re currently promoting.
- There is a Mega Meetup All local/regional gatherings that are officially a part of the WordPress world but are not WordCamps are organized through https://www.meetup.com/. A meetup is typically a chance for local WordPress users to get together and share new ideas and seek help from one another. Searching for ‘WordPress’ on meetup.com will help you find options in your area. tomorrow, which will cover topics like Developing for the Block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. Editor and Full Site Editing. It’s included in this week’s roundup!
- Actions: thanks to @afshanadiya, @mcihelleames, and @ugyensupport for volunteering to help with drafting social. Please liaise with @lmurillom.
Please engage with and share:
4b) Core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. and FSE
Marketing Materials to support core and FSE
- The “WordPress Translation Day 2021” event is between September 1-30.
- We are looking for local teams, Meetup groups, or any translation contributors to host mini-events during the month of September 2021. Read this post for more details.
4d) Test Team
- Call for volunteers: The Test Team is reviewing the testing instructions scattered across the Make blogs (and Trac Trac is the place where contributors create issues for bugs or feature requests much like GitHub.https://core.trac.wordpress.org/., GitHub etc) to make sure that the instructions are correct, up-to-date, etc
- Anyone can start at any time to add links into the audit spreadsheet (referenced in the post). Team reps will be updated every few weeks about the progress
- Read this post for more details.
4e) Training Team
Update via: @azhiyadev
- Feedback requested on Learner Achievements on Profiles. This would show course completions on your .org profile in a new tab. Request for marketing to raise awareness of feedback wanted on this post.
- There will host at least one subtitling working session for content on LearnWP in the last half of September in conjunction with WPTranslatorDay. Date soon to be announced.
- We anticipate having an Introduction to WordPress course ready to promote near the end of September 2021 @arasae
5. Any other Marketing Team business
6. Forthcoming Diary Dates
Upcoming Diary Dates are in this dedicated post.
- As mentioned in this slack thread, the Coffee Break from September 2021 will be twice a month. A lot of people are finding the current time too late or early for them. A Google Form has been created to help find a time to work for most people. Please fill in your preference timeslot in this form. Link to the form can be found in this slack thread. Form will be open 1 September 2021. There is also an informal coffee break drop-in after the main weekly meeting.
Thanks to @EidolonNight for volunteering to co-facilitate some of these coffee breaks.