The Marketing team promotes WordPress to current and future users and contributors. We create and amplify campaigns to support the growth of the WordPress project.
Update: Link to the meeting on Slack.
This week the meeting will be abridged and last 30 mins due to people being away and the pandemic. It will take place in the Marketing channel on the Make WordPress SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/., at 14:00 UTC. This week’s meeting on Wednesday will be facilitated by @lmurillom and @vimes1984. Thanks to everyone who contributed to the agenda and last week’s tasks/ work.
- (i) Attendance (ii) New people and returners to the channel
Get involved information
Setting up Make WordPress Slack and WordPress.org accounts
Examples of starter tasks
- Follow-ups, note taker recruitment, actions
a) Notes links for review
b) Notes group recruitment
c) GitHub – we are moving tasks to this tool, and you can start following them there. There will be a demo in September.
- Updates relating to other Make Teams:
- community (including WPDiversity)
- coreCore Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. (including releases, FSE)
- polyglots – call for local events for WordPress Translation Day
- testing team – volunteers call for audit and update testing instructions on Make sites
- Any other Marketing Team business
- Diary dates