Update: link to meeting 16 June 2021
This week’s Marketing Meeting will focus on the forthcoming 5.8 release, in addition to a shortened more regular agenda.
16 June 2021: Collaboration on the About page to coincide with the Marketing Team meeting starting at 14:00 UTC. The features list will be shared at the meeting together with the list of dev notes for reference.
Ticket with the draft designs
All the following sessions will take place in the Marketing channel on the Make WordPress Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/..
- 14:00 UTC – 15:00 UTC: Collaboration. We will use tools: Google docs and Slack
- 15:00 UTC – 15:30 UTC: A shortened normal Marketing Team meeting will take place (more details below)
- 15:30 UTC – 16:30 UTC: Collaboration including drop-in for release leads (release leads please feel free to contribute to this asynchronously before the meetings above or continue straight from the earlier session)
- 19:00 UTC – 20:00 UTC: Additional collaboration including drop-in for release leads
About page – next steps for the text
Josepha has proposed the following cycle for the work on the text for the About page for the 5.8 release.
- 16 June: multi-collaboration sessions
- 17-18 June: fact-checking
- 21 June: review
- 22 June: add to Beta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. 3
Agenda for regular business at the Marketing Meeting
- Brief updates from WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. Europe
- Contributing resource highlights (more on this next week)
- Diversity training promotion
- Meetup All local/regional gatherings that are officially a part of the WordPress world but are not WordCamps are organized through https://www.meetup.com/. A meetup is typically a chance for local WordPress users to get together and share new ideas and seek help from one another. Searching for ‘WordPress’ on meetup.com will help you find options in your area. promotions
- Learn WordPress audit tool proposal and potential benefits for Marketing (we will spend more time on this at next week’s meeting)
- Diary dates