The Marketing team promotes WordPress to current and future users and contributors. We create and amplify campaigns to support the growth of the WordPress project.
We have lots of ways for contributors to get involved. Come to the weekly global meetings at 14:00 UTC on SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. (more details below) or contribute async in the 48 hours after the meeting if this time doesn’t work for your timezone and other commitments.
Follow and share our weekly highlight of WordPress MeetupMeetup All local/regional gatherings that are officially a part of the WordPress world but are not WordCamps are organized through https://www.meetup.com/. A meetup is typically a chance for local WordPress users to get together and share new ideas and seek help from one another. Searching for ‘WordPress’ on meetup.com will help you find options in your area. events and news on Marketing team LinkedIn Page. Keep up with the #WPDiversity and #LearnWP announcements on the WordCampWordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. Twitter and Facebook accounts.
Thanks to everyone who gave input into this week’s agenda. Let us know if you have an item for next week or our longer term planning.
2a. Attendance Thread
2b. New contributors
3. Review last week’s meeting notes and actions/updates
4. FSE and 5.8 Release updates from Josepha and Chloe
5. Updates on other tasks
6. Ongoing collaboration on external communications channels
7. Celebration and Team Reps update
8. Tasks for the week
9. Diary dates
10. Any other business (AOB)
11. End of weekly meeting and any update on collaboration sessions for rest of the week
Where I can find other information?
The team is continuing to support on a number of initiatives and tasks. The key focus is around:
Updates on other tasks and previous meeting notes are in our team Google drive. The link is shared in the meeting and is pinned in our Slack channel. Summaries are posted on this blog.
Marketing Team homepage
- Learn WordPress
- Meetup promotions and support on marketing / communications to organizers
- Promoting contribution and understanding on Full Site Editing (FSE)
- Working with other teams (including community, training and Learn WordPress) on promoting WordPress Release/ changes/ using WP and highlighting the community
- Supporting contributor events and WCEU contributing team
- Assisting new contributors
Forthcoming diary dates
Please find all the upcoming Diary Dates at this dedicated post