What are we working on?
The team is continuing to support on a number of initiatives and tasks. The key focus is around:
- Learn WordPress
- Meetup All local/regional gatherings that are officially a part of the WordPress world but are not WordCamps are organized through https://www.meetup.com/. A meetup is typically a chance for local WordPress users to get together and share new ideas and seek help from one another. Searching for ‘WordPress’ on meetup.com will help you find options in your area. promotions
- Promoting contribution and understanding on Full Site Editing (FSE)
- WordPress Release Questions and Answers, and joint work with other teams including Core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress., Community, Training, and Learn WordPress
- Supporting contributor events and WCEU contributing team
- Assisting new contributors
We have lots of ways for contributors to get involved. Come to the weekly global meetings at 14:00 UTC on Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. (more details below) or contribute async in the 48 hours after the meeting if this time doesn’t work for your timezone and other commitments.
Contributor support sessions for early 2021 – open to those returning to the team and wanting a refresher and to those who have pledged to contribute under Five for the Future.
Follow and share our weekly highlight of WordPress Meetup events and news on Marketing team LinkedIn Page. Keep up with the #WPDiversity and #LearnWP announcements on the WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. Twitter and Facebook accounts.
Thanks to everyone who gave input into this week’s agenda. Let us know if you have an item for next week or our longer term planning.
Global Marketing Meeting on Wednesday 14 April 2021 at 14:00 UTC in the #Marketing channel on Slack. The Notes for last week’s meeting are reviewed in the subsequent meeting.
2a. Attendance Thread
2b. New contributors
3. Review last week’s meeting notes and actions/task updates
4. Update on tasks
5. Collaboration session
6. Celebration and Team Reps update
7. Tasks for the week
8. Diary dates
9. Any other business (AOB)
10. End of weekly meeting and update on collaboration sessions for rest of the week
Where I can find other information?
Updates on other tasks and previous meeting notes are in our team Google drive. The link is shared in the meeting and is pinned in our Slack channel. Summaries are posted on this blog.
Marketing Team homepage
Forthcoming diary dates
Please find all the upcoming Diary Dates at this dedicated post