The Marketing team promotes WordPress to current and future users and contributors. We create and amplify campaigns to support the growth of the WordPress project.
What are we working on?
The team is continuing to support on a number of initiatives and tasks. The key focus is around:
- Learn WordPress
- Follow-ups on Polyglots items
- MeetupMeetup All local/regional gatherings that are officially a part of the WordPress world but are not WordCamps are organized through https://www.meetup.com/. A meetup is typically a chance for local WordPress users to get together and share new ideas and seek help from one another. Searching for ‘WordPress’ on meetup.com will help you find options in your area. promotions
- Promoting the latest WordPress release
- People of WordPress series
- Annual review and contributing
- Supporting contributor events
- Assisting new contributors
We have lots of ways for contributors to get involved. Come to the weekly global meetings at 15:00 UTC on SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. (more details below) or contribute async in the 48 hours after the meeting if this time doesn’t work for your timezone and other commitments.
Follow and share our weekly highlight of WordPress Meetup events and news on Marketing team LinkedIn Page. Keep up with the #WPDiversity and #LearnWP announcements on the WordCampWordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. Twitter and Facebook accounts.
Thanks to everyone who gave input into this week’s agenda. Let us know if you have an item for next week.
Global Marketing Meeting on Wednesday 20 January 2021 at 15:00 UTC in the #Marketing channel on Slack.
2a. Attendance Thread
2b. New contributors
3. Review last week’s meeting notes and actions/task updates
4. Celebrations of Marketing Team achievements
5. Update on tasks
6. Collaboration sessions – including contributing for social media posts to promote the Induction sessions, monthly promotions, and more.
7. Tasks for the week
8. Diary dates
9. Any other business
10. End of weekly meeting and update on collaboration sessions for rest of the week
Where I can find other information?
Updates on other tasks and previous meeting notes are in our team Google drive. The link is shared in the meeting and is pinned in our Slack channel. Summaries are posted on this blog.
Marketing Team homepage
WordPress Quarter 3 2020 Update (Quarter 4 update coming soon)
Induction sessions for new and returning contributors
Four induction sessions are planned for both newer contributors and those who have been in the team for some team but need more assistance to help them contribute.
Session 1 took place on Tuesday 19 January 2021. To participate in the rest of the induction sessions, please sign-up for the events to be held on:
- Session 2: Tuesday 2 February 2021, at 11:00 UTC
- Session 3: Tuesday 16 February 2021, at 11:00 UTC
- Session 4: Tuesday 2 March 2021, at 11:00 UTC
Forthcoming diary dates
Upcoming Diary Dates at this dedicated post.