What are we working on?
The team is continuing to support on a number of initiatives and tasks. The key focus is around:
- Learn WordPress
- follow-ups on Polyglots items
- Meetup All local/regional gatherings that are officially a part of the WordPress world but are not WordCamps are organized through https://www.meetup.com/. A meetup is typically a chance for local WordPress users to get together and share new ideas and seek help from one another. Searching for ‘WordPress’ on meetup.com will help you find options in your area. promotions
- promoting the latest WordPress release
- People of WordPress series
- annual review and contributing to quarterly reporting
- supporting contributor events
- assisting new contributors
We have lots of ways for contributors to get involved. Come to the weekly global meetings at 15:00 UTC on Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. (more details below) or contribute async in the 48 hours after the meeting if this time doesn’t work for your timezone and other commitments.
Contributor support sessions for early 2021 – open to those returning to the team and wanting a refresher and to those who have pledged to contribute under Five for the Future.
Follow and share our weekly highlight of WordPress Meetup events and news on Marketing team LinkedIn Page. Keep up with the #WPDiversity and #LearnWP announcements on the WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. Twitter and Facebook accounts.
Thanks to everyone who gave input into this week’s agenda. Let us know if you have an item for next week.
Global Marketing Meeting on Wednesday 13 January 2020 at 15:00 UTC in the #Marketing channel on Slack.
2a. Attendance Thread
2b. New contributors
3. Review last week’s meeting notes and actions/task updates
4. Celebrations of Marketing Team achievements
5. Update on tasks
6. Collaboration sessions – including contributing for social media posts to promote the Induction sessions, monthly promotions, and more.
7. Tasks for the week
8. Diary dates
9. Any other business
10. End of weekly meeting and update on collaboration sessions for rest of the week
Where I can find other information?
Updates on other tasks and previous meeting notes are in our team Google drive. The link is shared in the meeting and is pinned in our Slack channel. Summaries are posted on this blog. We have a short gap of posts from earlier in the year due to access and resource issues, thanks to @lmurillom who is working through these.
Marketing Team homepage
WordPress Quarter 3 2020 Update (Quarter 4 update coming soon)
Induction session for new and returning contributors
Four induction sessions are planned for both newer contributors and those who have been in the team for some team but need more assistance to help them contribute.
In order to be a part of all the induction sessions, please sign-up for the events to be held on:
- Session 1: Tuesday 19 January 2021, at 11:00 am UTC
- Session 2: Tuesday 2 February 2021, at 11:00 am UTC
- Session 3: Tuesday 16 February 2021, at 11:00 am UTC
- Session 4: Tuesday 2 March 2021, at 11:00 am UTC
Forthcoming diary dates
If you need accessibility Accessibility (commonly shortened to a11y) refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people with disabilities. The concept of accessible design ensures both “direct access” (i.e. unassisted) and “indirect access” meaning compatibility with a person’s assistive technology (for example, computer screen readers). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility) or language support to participate in any of our work and meetings, please let one of the team reps know in the marketing channel. We are keen to try and help and promote inclusion and diversity in the team.
Monday 11 & Tuesday 12 January 2021, collaborations on People of WordPress and Quarter 4 reporting.
Wednesday 13 January 2021, 14:00 UTC, in the Marketing Channel on Make WordPress Slack.
Wednesday 13 January 2021, 05:00 UTC and 20:00 UTC – DevChat in #Core Slack channel
Thursday 14 January 2021, 19:30 UTC – Virtual coffee break, Marketing Slack channel.
Induction session dates are above.
Change in global meeting times
Following feedback and surveys, we are changing the Global Marketing meeting time to accommodate as many people as possible.
- 6 January 2021 to 24 March 2021 inclusive, 15:00 UTC
- 31 March 2021 until 31st October 2021 inclusive, 14:00 UTC
- 3 November 2021 until Daylight Saving Time change in Europe, 15:00 UTC