The Marketing team promotes WordPress to current and future users and contributors. We create and amplify campaigns to support the growth of the WordPress project.
What are we working on?
The team is continuing to support the release and the launch of Learn WordPress as its priorities.
We have lots of ways for contributors to get involved. Come to the weekly global meetings at 14:00 UTC on SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. (more details below) or contribute async in the 48 hours after the meeting if this time does not work for your timezone and other commitments.
Follow and share our weekly highlight of WordPress MeetupMeetup All local/regional gatherings that are officially a part of the WordPress world but are not WordCamps are organized through https://www.meetup.com/. A meetup is typically a chance for local WordPress users to get together and share new ideas and seek help from one another. Searching for ‘WordPress’ on meetup.com will help you find options in your area. events and news on Marketing team LinkedIn Page. Keep up with the #WPDiversity announcements on the WordCampWordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. Twitter and Facebook accounts.
Global Marketing Meeting on Wednesday 9 December 2020 at 14:00 UTC in the #Marketing channel on Slack.
- Attendance Thread
- Review last week’s meeting notes and actions/task updates
- Introducing new contributors joining during the previous week
- Celebrating significant achievements and updates
- Collaborations will be segmented into three task group on the day
- New year promotion ideas (for whole team) – facilitator @mikerbg
- WordPress 5.6 social media and marcomms additional support (Please read the 5.6 Field Guide and dev notes before the collaborations as it will help to get a better understanding of the release which will help draft social media posts)
- Learn WordPress for those working on this for next week
- Update on forthcoming meetings and Staying Connected socials
- Collaboration (from approximately 15:30 UTC) actions team and dev task group on the Release social media and Learn WordPress launch. (If you would like to shadow or get involved in the project management work we do, let us know – tag @lmurillom in the Marketing Slack.)
- End of weekly meeting and collaborations
Where I can find other information?
Updates on other tasks and previous meeting notes are in our Google doc. The link is shared in the meeting and is pinned in our Slack channel. Summaries are being posted on the blog, access has recently been re-established to enable this.
Marketing Team homepage
Forthcoming diary dates
If you need accessibilityAccessibility Accessibility (commonly shortened to a11y) refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people with disabilities. The concept of accessible design ensures both “direct access” (i.e. unassisted) and “indirect access” meaning compatibility with a person’s assistive technology (for example, computer screen readers). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility) or language support to participate in any of our work and meetings, please let one of the team reps know in the marketing channel. We are keen to try and help and promote inclusion and diversity in the team.
- Collaboration session on WordPress resolutions for 2021 for the Marketing blog to be facilitated by @mikerbg. Trello card for advance reading to help you get involved.
- The task group working on the post release marketing materials and Learn WordPress will also meet.
Wednesday 9 December 2020, 5:00 UTC & 20:00 UTC – Dev Chat meetings in #Core Slack channel.
Wednesday 9 December 2020, 19:00 UTC – video interviews session 1 for Learn WordPress with @webcommsat and training. If you have used Learn WordPress and can share potential quotes, tag @oglekler and @meher in the marketing slack channel.
Thursday 10 December 2020, 19:30 UTC – Staying Connected, Virtual Coffee Break, Marketing. If you need live captioning to participate, please let @meher know, who will also be facilitating the event.
Wednesday 16 December 2020, 5:00 UTC & 20:00 UTC – Dev Chat in #Core Slack channel
Wednesday 16 December 2020, meetings on Learn WordPress marketing – times tbc
Wednesday 16 December 2020, 14:00 UTC – latest updates and starting to explore ideas on how we can encourage and help people who have pledged to contribute to the team. @harryjackson1221 will facilitate this session.
Wednesday 16 December 2020, 15:00 UTC – Staying Connected, Poetry Event and Results from our Fun Challenge. This will take place after the main global marketing meeting that day. If you need a copy of your submission, please tag @meher in the marketing channel by 14 December please.
Thursday 17 December 2020, 19:30 UTC – Staying Connected, Virtual Coffee Break, Marketing. If you need live captioning to participate, please let @meher know and we will use a live captioning tool.