To support both (relatively) new and seasoned contributors in having a rewarding contributing experience, we continue to run ‘Contributing Made Fun and Easy’ training sessions.
If you have pledged to support the marketing team on the Five for the Future and don’t know where to start, these sessions are a great way to begin contributing.
The Global WordPress Marketing team focuses on marketing WordPress and its community to the world. We aim to be an inclusive team, working hard to make everyone feel welcome and finding ways to support their contribution.
Join us and discover how to best contribute your talents, get to know the tools we use, and adopt good practices for working remotely and asynchronously.
Topics will include (but are not limited to):
- creating and optimizing a WordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/ profile
- using Google Meet
- using Google Drive
- using Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/.
- using Google Docs collaboratively
- 16 February 2021 at 14:00 UTC: Using Google Meet
Please sign up for this session by filling out the Session 2 signup form
- 16 March 2021 at 14:00 UTC: Using Slack
- 21 April 2021 at 14:00m UTC: Using Google Docs, Sheets & Forms collaboratively
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out to the following team members through the WordPress Slack Marketing channel: @maedahbatool and @yvettesonneveld
Also, a huge thanks to our amazing team members @meher, @webcommsat, @OGlekler, @nalininonstopnewsuk, @mark99, and @lmurillom who have been helping us and supporting contributors throughout this process.