Quick links to sections on this page
Highlights from the Marketing Team’s current work
Agenda – this week’s meeting
Forthcoming diary dates
What are we working on?
The team is involved in supporting the Make WordPress Teams and promoting WordPress and its wonderful community. From supporting the Learn WordPress launch to diverse speaker training events, user-focused questions and answers on the latest WordPress Release to Meetup All local/regional gatherings that are officially a part of the WordPress world but are not WordCamps are organized through https://www.meetup.com/. A meetup is typically a chance for local WordPress users to get together and share new ideas and seek help from one another. Searching for ‘WordPress’ on meetup.com will help you find options in your area. promotion. There are lots of ways new contributors can get involved, come along to the weekly global meetings at 14:00 UTC on Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. (more details below) or contribute async in the 48 hours after the meeting if this time does not work for your timezone and other commitments.
Many thanks to the dedicated contributors from the team who have given hours to support the Learn WordPress platform, WordPress.tv, Training Team, Polyglots and Core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. Teams.
A weekly highlight of WordPress Meetup events and more news can be found on the Marketing team LinkedIn Page. You can keep up with the #WPDiversity announcements on the WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. Twitter and Facebook accounts.
We have a number of collaborations to work on at this week’s Global Marketing Meeting on Wednesday 25 November 2020 at 14:00 UTC in the #Marketing channel on Slack. This will be followed by our dev Marcomms task group working on questions and answers after the main meeting at 15:30 UTC.
- Introduction to new people who have joined the channel during this previous week
- Link to meeting notes and actions / task updates from last week
- Celebrating significant achievements and updates
- Collaborations will be segmented into three task group on the day
- Month in WordPress marketing support
- Training/ Learn WordPress related
- WordPress 5.6 social media and marcomms additional support (Please read the 5.6 Field Guide and dev notes before the collaborations as it will help to get a better understanding of the release which will help draft social media posts)
- Update on forthcoming meetings and Staying Connected socials
- Collaboration on 5.6 (from approximately 15:15)
- Collaboration – actions team (if you would like to shadow or get involved in the project management work we do, let us know)
- End of weekly meeting and collaborations (resume again at devchat at 20:00 UTC for those involved in Release 5.6)
Where I can find other information?
Updates on other tasks and previous meeting notes are in our Google doc. The link is shared in the meeting and is pinned in our Slack channel. Summaries are being posted on the blog, access has recently been re-established to enable this.
WordPress Quarter 3 2020 Update
Forthcoming diary dates
If you need accessibility Accessibility (commonly shortened to a11y) refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people with disabilities. The concept of accessible design ensures both “direct access” (i.e. unassisted) and “indirect access” meaning compatibility with a person’s assistive technology (for example, computer screen readers). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility) or language support to participate in any of our work and meetings, please let one of the team reps know in the marketing channel. We are keen to try and help and promote inclusion and diversity in the team.
Wednesday 25 November 2020, 14:00 UTC – Global Marketing Team Meeting. Followed by collaboration sessions from 15:30 UTC. This will be led by @webcommsat, @yvettesonneveld and @meher
Wednesday 25 November 2020, 17:00 UTC & 20:00 UTC – DevChat Meeting in Global WordPress #Core Slack channel.
Thursday 26 November 2020, Collaborations and support to community and other teams for the next Month in WordPress, Meetup Newsletters and more.
Thursday 26 November 2020, 19:30 UTC – Virtual Coffee Break, Marketing. If you need live captioning to participate, please let @OGlekler or @lmurillom know and we will use a live captioning tool.
Wednesday 2 December, 14:00 UTC – Global Marketing Team Meeting in #Marketing Slack channel. This will be led by @miker and @harryjackson1221. Followed by a collaboration session starting at 16:00 led by @webcommsat and @meher.
Wednesday 2 December 2020, 17:00 UTC & 20:00 UTC – DevChat in #Core Slack channel
Thursday 3 December 2020, 19:30 UTC – Virtual Coffee Break, Marketing.
If you need live captioning to participate, please let @OGlekler or @lmurillom know and we will use a live captioning tool.
Advance date: Wednesday 16 December 2020, 15:00 UTC – Staying Connected Poetry Event and Results from our Fun Challenge. This will take place after the main global marketing meeting that day.
WordPress 5.6 release schedule
- Tuesday 1 December 2020 – WordPress 5.6 Release Candidate A beta version of software with the potential to be a final product, which is ready to release unless significant bugs emerge. 2
- Monday 7 December 2020 – WordPress 5.6 Release Dry run
- Tuesday 8 December 2020 – WordPress 5.6 Release