The Marketing team promotes WordPress to current and future users and contributors. We create and amplify campaigns to support the growth of the WordPress project.
📆 Today at the global marketing team meeting at 14:00 UTC, we will be devoting the first 45 minutes to a collaboration on the Learn WordPress platform. A working group has been liaising with the community and training teams for a few weeks and held some marketing and communications sessions. We have also been promoting key aspects.
A reminder to everyone who expressed interest in getting involved in the last few weeks to come along today and to those who are new, you are very welcome.
Links to the background
Update on Learn WordPress (August 2020)
Updates on other tasks are in our Google doc shared in the meeting and we will highlight these in more detail next week.
The video conferencing collaboration today will be on the WordPress Translation Celebrations at 15:15 UTC. Come and help us with the packages.
If you need accessibilityAccessibility Accessibility (commonly shortened to a11y) refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people with disabilities. The concept of accessible design ensures both “direct access” (i.e. unassisted) and “indirect access” meaning compatibility with a person’s assistive technology (for example, computer screen readers). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility) or language support to participate in any of our work and meetings, please let one of the team reps know in the marketing channel. We are keen to try and help and promote inclusion and diversity in the team.
Thursday 15 October 2020, 19:30 UTC – Virtual Coffee Break on video conferencing. If you need live captioning to participate, please let @OGlekler or @marks99 know and we will use an appropriate tool for live captioning.
Monday 19 October 2020, 18:00 UTC – 19:00 UTC (revised TBC) – Planning and actions meeting, with a 10 minute coffee break drop-in for team members who are available.
Wednesday 21 October 2020, 14:00 UTC – Global Marketing Team Meeting. Followed by collaboration sessions.
Wednesday 21 October 2020, 5:00 UTC & 20:00 UTC – DevChat Meeting in Global WordPress #Core SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. channel.
Wednesday 21 October 2020, 17:00 UTC – Final Deadline For Poetry Challenge submission
Thursday 22 October 2020, 19:30 UTC – Virtual Coffee Break, Marketing
Wednesday 28 October 2020, 14:00 UTC – Global Marketing Team Meeting in #Marketing Slack channel. Followed by collaboration sessions.
Wednesday 28 October 2020, 5:00 UTC & 20:00 UTC – DevChat in #Core Slack channel
Thursday 29 October 2020, 18:30 UTC – Around the World Quiz
Quiz form registration link http://bit.ly/Oct2020Quiz
Followed by the Virtual Coffee Break.
WordPress 5.6 release schedule
- Tuesday 20 October – WordPress 5.6 BetaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. release 1
- Tuesday 27 October – WordPress 5.6 Beta release 2
- Monday 1 November – WordPress 5.6 Beta release 3
- Tuesday 10 November – WordPress 5.6 Beta release 4
- Tuesday 17 November – WordPress 5.6 Release CandidateRelease Candidate A beta version of software with the potential to be a final product, which is ready to release unless significant bugs emerge. 1
- Wednesday 2 December – WordPress 5.6 Release Candidate 2
- Monday 7 December – WordPress 5.6 Release Dry run
- Tuesday 8 December – WordPress 5.6 Release