The next meeting will take place on Wednesday 7 October 2020 at 14:00 UTC in the Global WordPress Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. #marketing channel.
If you are reading this agenda on another website and not the make.wordpress.org, please note that we may not be aware of any responses or offers to contribute you make on other sites.
If you are reading this from promotion in other Make Teams or are not yet active in the Marketing Team, there are details below of how you can get involved.
In response to feedback, testing, and in trying to continue to make contributing more inclusive, we now include:
- how you can get involved with particular tasks within the agenda on the Marketing blog
- this and our other measures are aimed at helping people contribute async due to their timezone or other schedules, and for accessibility Accessibility (commonly shortened to a11y) refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people with disabilities. The concept of accessible design ensures both “direct access” (i.e. unassisted) and “indirect access” meaning compatibility with a person’s assistive technology (for example, computer screen readers). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility) during the meeting
- enable us to cover even more items during the weekly meeting and collaborations
- provide a clear sign-post for new contributors and those coming back to the team after a break, and highlight the wide range of activities
- enables other teams to get involved with, support and request help more easily
- Thanks for all the feedback. Abha
Introductions and review of notes
We encourage asynchronous contributions in Slack for the 48 hours after a meeting (until 14:00 UTC on Fridays) to help with different timezones.
- A special welcome to new attendees
- Link to notes (including a review of draft summaries and actions in the Google document – thanks to @lmurillom and @meher for working on last week’s notes and the actions group for the follow-ups).
- Quick peek into our daily lives
Task, working groups and team celebration
6. Celebration time – let’s celebrate our WordPress Marketing accomplishments!
This is where we also include highlights from what team members have been doing related to marketing in the WordPress community.
Updates on tasks with deadlines in the next six weeks
7. International Day of Translation update
Plans can be found at: https://make.wordpress.org/polyglots/2020/09/09/lets-celebrate-international-translation-day-together/
Resources: Recording of the livestream of 30 September on YouTube.
Interviews and onboarding videos are being added to the channel. They will move to WordPress.tv later in the year.
Get involved: additional marketing and communications support is urgently needed to assist polyglots, reply in the Slack thread, below or initially contact @meher In the main marketing channel. To get involved with onboarding videos, contact @OGlekler in the channel.
8. WordPress Learn Platform update
9. WordPress Meetups promotions for October & November 2020
Update from team member: @lmurillom
Get involved: You can help amplify the social media promotions by retweeting/ sharing our posts which can be found on the WordPress Marketing Team’s LinkedIn page, and in other channels – search #OnlineWPMeetup . In the future, we will also be using the #OnlineWPMeetupNews to help Meetup All local/regional gatherings that are officially a part of the WordPress world but are not WordCamps are organized through https://www.meetup.com/. A meetup is typically a chance for local WordPress users to get together and share new ideas and seek help from one another. Searching for ‘WordPress’ on meetup.com will help you find options in your area. organizers who have replied to our survey. We will be continuing to work with @HariShankar on this in the community team.
Can you help with this curation and writing task? Contact @lmurillom on the Global WordPress #Marketing Slack channel.
10. Sustainability marketing/ promotion to WordCamps and Meetups update
Nothing further to report, waiting on other teams. Thanks.
11. WordPress releases marketing resources
Update from team member: @yvettesonneveld
We have had several planning meetings regarding the WordPress 5.6 About Page and Release Post.
If you have some understanding of WordPress releases, we would love for you to help us decide what features and benefits should be highlighted in these pieces of content.
You can do that either as a reply to the ticket:
Go to WordPress 5.6 About Page ticket on Trac.
Because we know not everyone comfortably uses / posts on Trac Trac is the place where contributors create issues for bugs or feature requests much like GitHub.https://core.trac.wordpress.org/., we have also created a Google Form survey. It is quite self-explanatory
Go To survey.
Get involved: do you understand the release process, can easily explain trac tickets or are a developer with a strong interest in marketing and communications? Contact @webcommsat and @oglekler
Comment on the Marcomms form to help the planning of the About Page for 5.6 or add your suggestions directly on Trac. The deadline is xxx.
12. Diverse speaker training working group promotions for October 2020
Update from team member: @lmurillom
Get involved: Can you help amplify the social media promotions? Search #WPDiversity on the WordCamp on Twitter, WordCamp Facebook and Make WordPress Marketing Team on LinkedIn, and share the messages.
13. Staying Connected events and activities – latest diary dates
Reminder of shared calendar and how to use it: from @oglekler
Updates on socials from: @meher
14. Collaboration time
- Video conferencing call to support collaboration on International Day of Translation tasks (from 16:00 UTC)
We will use Google Meet with live captioning if needed, Slack, and Google Docs. A link to the Meet session will be shared on the Slack Channel.
Any other business/ awareness of other related Make WordPress tasks
You are always welcome to suggest ideas for inclusion at a future meeting to one of the team reps. Ideally by the Monday before the meeting.
The meeting will be formally closed at the end of all the collaborations sessions on Wednesday.
If you need accessibility or language support to participate in any of our work and meetings, please let one of the team reps know in the marketing channel. We are keen to try and help and promote inclusion and diversity in the team.
Thursday 8 October 2020, 13:00 UTC – Learn.WordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/ meeting.
Thursday 8 October 2020, 19:30 UTC – Virtual Coffee Break on video conferencing. If you need live captioning to participate, please let @oglekler or @marks99 know and we will use an appropriate tool.
Monday 12 October 2020, TBA – Planning and actions meeting, with a 10 minute coffee break drop-in for team members who are available.
Tuesday 13 October 2020, 19:00 UTC – WordPress Release 5.6 Marcomms planning meeting – let us (@MaryBaum @YvetteSonneveld @webcommsat ) know if you would like to suggest anything for this meeting of those co-ordinating the marketing.
Wednesday 14 October 2020, 5:00 UTC & 20:00 UTC – Core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. Dev Meeting in Global WordPress #Core Slack channel.
Wednesday 14 October 2020, 14: 00 UTC – Global Marketing Team Meeting in Global WordPress #Marketing Slack channel.
Thursday 29 October 2020, Around the World Quiz – time tbc