The Marketing team promotes WordPress to current and future users and contributors. We create and amplify campaigns to support the growth of the WordPress project.
Notes Taken By: @maedahbatool
Celebration/Achievements in the Last Week
- @michelleames — I signed my WCUS organiser agreement yesterday!
- @yvettesonneveld — Since the schedule has been announced, I am excited to share that I will be speaking at WCLDN.
- @jenblogs4u — I’m speaking at WordCampWordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. Santa Clarita, a brand new camp with a thriving community!
- @webcommsat — Lot of work on a number of cards this week just moving them forward, helping those who have asked for assistance, and liaising with community-team on items which they are taking forward too. Well done to everyone involved, a great team effort on all these. As a team, working together, it is great to see what we can achieve and share.
Task Lead Updates
- @harryjackson1221 — https://trello.com/c/SdIcVK6q/257-showcase-redesign-organization-and-requirements. We were unable to meet this past Monday, everyone seems to be coming down sick, but we will be attempting to set up another meeting for either this weekend or beginning of the coming week. If anyone wishes to attend for the Showcase Redesign meeting to have input on the organizational needs, and discuss some other important factors. We will set up another doodle in the next day or so to ensure we select the most inclusive meeting time! If you would like to be included, please let us know and we will gladly add you to the DM.
- @webcommsat — WordCamp Nordic Contribution Day Marketing Table https://trello.com/c/EBGBbpE0/262-marketing-table-at-wordcamp-nordic-contribution-day. We are putting some items together for this. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know as we need to send the information today.
- @webcommsat — WordPress Translation Day 4. This month we will be putting together communications and marketing material for this. @maedahbatool will be working with the team from marketing (thanks). If anyone else is interested or in being a local event organizer (note will be published on this in coming weeks) or helping with marketing/ communications please do reply to this thread or chat to @zetaraffix or me.
- @maedahbatool — I’ll be writing an introductory plus a promotional post featuring the proceedings of Translation day.
- @webcommsat — We also have a contributor dayContributor Day Contributor Days are standalone days, frequently held before or after WordCamps but they can also happen at any time. They are events where people get together to work on various areas of https://make.wordpress.org/ There are many teams that people can participate in, each with a different focus. https://2017.us.wordcamp.org/contributor-day/ https://make.wordpress.org/support/handbook/getting-started/getting-started-at-a-contributor-day/. and a contributor in general post which is to be published soon and being potentially adapted for the handbook. Will share this with you @michelleames. For WCEU perspective, we have an AMA on Contributor Days, from which we are producing Q&As which will also be useful for future WordCamps. This is kindly being promoted at other WordCamps. There might be some collaboration here with yourselves at WCUS https://2019.europe.wordcamp.org/2018/12/17/ask-me-anything-about-contributor-day/