Marketing Team Vision
Our vision for the Marketing Team is to be the go-to resource on strategy and content for other WordPress teams.
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join in, comment on posts, and participate in meetings and on projects. And, yes, you can add yourself to any Trello Card you’d like to work on.
WCUS Gutenburg User Testing Testimonial Videos
@mcdwayne brought up @jenblogs4u Trello Project management system using the concepts of boards and cards to organize tasks in a sane way. This is what the make.wordpress.com/marketing team uses for example: https://trello.com/b/8UGHVBu8/wp-marketing. card: https://trello.com/c/Gs0pCM61/73-wcus-gutenberg-user-testing-testimonial-videos
- @mcdwayne asked for action items to be declared and asked for people to watch and approve the videos. –
- @bridgetwillard asked for clarification of expectations – watch, approve and upload to WCTV?
- @miker suggested editing the videos together into a highlight reel vs many individual shorts
- @maedahbatool suggested an introductory teaser video.
- @jenblogs4u affirmed that she intended the videos to be serialized, containing several clips each adding @tashan will help with edits.
- @cjross created a sheet linking to each video with timestamps for the question “What excites you most” in GDocs – https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-gwFVYr597BEeji4OUB3brIGduARbIp9m9WdUGd4RrY
- @cjross volunteered to look into creating one video with all of the responses
- @siobhan asked if ‘Anton’ should record an introduction
- @harryjackson1221 volunteered to set-up Gutenburg images, overlays and transitions for the videos
- @cjross stated they would be gathering footage and “and format it into a straightforward runtime, then intro and outro could be determined later.”
- @miker suggested this project get a seperate card
- Separate discussion thread as to length and format follows next
- @miker questioned format and whether mutiple small videos is better than one long one
- @mcdwayne asked for a task lead with @bridgetwillard deferring to @jenblogs4u as it was her project to begin with
- @webcommsat volunteered to help, that they had done the video for Dublin of 30 second clips with one longer containing the shorts – and that they were getting permission to use those videos th help with WordPress Marketing
- @jenblogs4u discussed one video vs one long and pointed out that @jeremyfremont had shot b-roll vid and that @tashan had volunteered to help edit
- @Kitty noted that longer videos are currently performing better than shorter depending on current FB algorithms
Navigating Trac Trac is the place where contributors create issues for bugs or feature requests much like GitHub.https://core.trac.wordpress.org/. guide for new people core.trac.wordpress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/
@mcdwayne next brought up his and @Kitty’s project: https://trello.com/c/g3z2GbSX/47-navigating-trac-guide-for-new-people-coretracwordpressorg
About WordPress Press Kit on WP Marketing
@mcdwayne discussed WCUS and @bridgetwillard card: https://trello.com/c/ZKSK9YWH/1-about-wordpress-press-kit
- @mcdwayne pushed the due date ou to the end of the month
- Discussion as to a CMS Garden doc vs what has been put together
@mcdwayne started a thread that @bridgetwillard needing approval on https://trello.com/c/i08SFzss/114-suggest-rewrite-for-contributor-day-handbook
- @bridgetwillard passed the doc (in GoogleDocs) on to @andreamiddleton stating that the Community Team needs to accept and publish
- @harryjackson1221 noted that it was turned in on 2/9/18
- @siobhan requested access to the submitted project as they and @dushanti may have more insights
Why WordPress(for Developers) on WP Marketing
@mcdwayne brought up https://trello.com/c/J6zBc7gJ/46-why-wordpress-for-developers headed by @bridgetwillard and @maedahbatool (and asked that the project be listed with a singe task-lead).
- @maedahbatool took the lead and stated there is no current progress to report
Read and Format Survey Answers on WP Marketing
@mcdwayne called on @harryjackson1221 on https://trello.com/c/ZnT2LCjn/58-read-and-format-survey-answers
- @harryjackson1221 reported that they had separated the Odd Alice Case Study into its own doc and added copy
- @RachelPage has been reviewing the copy
End-User Persona Doc on WP Marketing
@mcdwayne called upon @RachelPage to take the lead on https://trello.com/c/xOu9de8h/75-end-user-persona-doc
- @RachelPage stated that they are working on first round interviews and will be building personas and then doubling back to validate
Create a Style Guide + Brand Book for Marketing on WP Marketing
@mcdwayne called on @jaymanpandya to discuss https://trello.com/c/eEjbgIGl/87-create-a-style-guide-brand-book-for-marketing
- @mcdwayne pointed out it is not due until next week and with schedules they are just checking
- @jaymanpandya noted that they have started and will need some guidance on content tone with @bridgetwillard stating they liked the new ‘content tone and voice’
Create a Marketing Team Handbook on WP Marketing
@mcdwayne asked @harryjackson1221 who inherited the lead https://trello.com/c/hF6DPjos/94-create-a-marketing-team-handbook
@mcdwayne asked for volunteers for card-related tasks
Creating a Social Plan for WordCamps on WP Marketing
@webcommsat brought up card https://trello.com/c/Z9uQJlQk/21-creating-a-social-media-plan-for-wordcamps and that they are researching what WordCamps are effectively currently using Social
- @webcommsat requested that the card is moved to in-progress status
Let’s Get Working
@mcdwayne called for volunteers in OK, who needs something to do? from the ranks of the new members that attended today’s meeting
Marketing Channel on Contributor Days
The topic of providing support on the #Marketing Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. Channel was brought up by @bridgetwillard for WordCamp Contributor Days. WC Bangkok is this weekend and @bridgetwillard will be on Slack from 6:30pm to 8:30 PST. A volunteer is needed to cover the WC Prague time period.
Meeting Notes by: @mobilechicane
Meeting attended by @bridgetwillard @mcdwayne @harryjackson1221 @cjross @dushanthi @siobhan @maedahbatool @webcommsat @jenblogs4u @miker @yvettesonneveld @dhruvpandya @mobilechicane