WordPress isn’t “just” software. It’s created by volunteers who give of themselves to build community. Real people who contribute their time, skill, talent and enthusiasm to the project. These are the contributors, people like you and me. So, what makes a contributor? Who is a contributor? What does that look like?
We know that many of you have contributed throughout the years and since WordPress just turned 14, we’d love to hear some of your stories.
Everyday new people learn about and join in the WordPress Project, we’d like to encourage them to be part of it, too.
What was your first contribution and when?
What makes a contribution?
Please record your own video and upload it to the Testimonial Category The 'category' taxonomy lets you group posts / content together that share a common bond. Categories are pre-defined and broad ranging. on WordPress.TV.
Then let’s share them on Social.
- Who are you?
- Where are you located?
- What was your first WordPress contribution?
- When was your first contribution?
- Why is contributing important and how can someone start?
- Spontaneous or planned video testimonial.
- Test your lighting before recording.
- Choose a quiet place to record.
- Use a loud, clear voice.
- 1-2 minutes is best; max 5 min.
- Upload to WordPress.tv in the Testimonial Category.
- Moderators will tag it “testimonial.”
Videos that you upload will be here. So check them out, share them on social, and get inspired.
Once these new videos are accepted and published, share, share, and share!
The Marketing the Community Team