The Marketing to Agencies & Clients (+enterprises) team met as we continue on two survey projects and our overall goal to provide resources for WordPress adoption though agencies and in enterprises.
Convened by @skarjune at 17:00 UTC, 2017-05-24
Attended by @vishalmukadam, @mcdwayne
Comments by @gidgey, @pollyplummer, @sararosso
Slack Backscroll has details and links
We reviewed the Case Study Survey form and determined the questions are fine in a simple open-ended format. We discussed the need and ways to screen out promotional responses to the survey. The concern is to avoid overt plugging of commercial organizations, premium solutions, and brand marketing. This will be handled in two ways:
- Add a Guidelines preface to the form advising respondents.
- Review and edit case responses to meet guidelines.
We discussed options for distribution of the survey and made an action list:
- WordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/ Blog Announcement of Open Call for Surveys
- Launch in time for WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. Europe & Contributor Day
- Add to agenda of Contributor Day Marketing Team
- List bloggers and social media influencers for promotion
- WP Tavern will cover Open Call launch
- Do not make a list of targeted agencies
- (open call avoiding bias and favoritism)
- Team members may individually contact associates at agencies
WordPress Usage Survey
@skarjune completed a review of the original Fact Sheet for the subteam from which to draw topics for the Usage survey, added those to the matrix for the design of the survey, and revised the questions in the form instrument to cover them.
We reviewed the WordPress Usage Survey matrix that prescribes the form design. Need input on Guidelines to preface questions, and final review of the Benefits, Barriers, and other factors for gathering information about the perception and use of WordPress by agencies and in enterprises.
We’ll keep in touch in the Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. Marketing thread and via direct messages as needed to launch the Open Call for both surveys over the next two weeks, so Survey forms and Announcement post are ready on June 12 in preparation for WordCamp Europe.
Next regular meeting of Marketing to Agencies and Clients subteam is on Wednesday, June 28, 17:00 UTC.