The Marketing team promotes WordPress to current and future users and contributors. We create and amplify campaigns to support the growth of the WordPress project.
During the April 5, 2017, Marketing the Community meeting, we discussed how we can promote the videos we’ve asked MeetupMeetup All local/regional gatherings that are officially a part of the WordPress world but are not WordCamps are organized through https://www.meetup.com/. A meetup is typically a chance for local WordPress users to get together and share new ideas and seek help from one another. Searching for ‘WordPress’ on meetup.com will help you find options in your area. Organizers to upload.
Videos curated from this call to action will incorporated into WordCampWordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. US site in “Human of WordPress”’ feature, as Laura brings up. But what more can we do?
Currently the promotions for the videos locate here are being done via a grassroots effort – spreading the word to record and share videos in individual and group accounts.
Some thoughts on how we can further our efforts are:
- Promo video for WordCamps – compilation of Meetup video snippets
- Alert the upcoming WordCamps that the videos may feature some of their speakers? It’s a good way to promote a specific speaker.
- Can we look into seeing if there is an advertising budget to take it next level once we have compiled testimonials?
- LIVE recordings of current Meetups.
- Create a Handbook for the Testimonials so that it can help Meetup people determine what and how to video in regards to focus and quality and what to do once the video is created.
- All resources need to be multilingual. Transcription would be good, too.
- Send direct emails to Meetup organizers asking them to submit testimonials.
- Who currently does this? (We think it’s the Community Team.)
- Comment on Meetup pages asking them to contribute testimonials.
- Publish blog posts featuring and requesting testimonials.
- Publish where?
- Who writes?
- Auto-push to social platforms (we believe this may be already happening).
- Create a social publishing platform (Hootsuite?)
- More activity on a variety of social media platforms that is not BOT driven (ie: be more social on social media)
So, we’d love your feedback!