Today we had the first subgroup meeting (notes to follow).
Personally I don’t need to lead the meetings – I’d love for those in the subgroup to step up, but will help out to get things started. With that in mind, I thought to share some best practices / recommendations for leading a subgroup meeting for each group to refer to.
- Decide at the beginning of the meeting who will be responsible for taking and posting notes to make.wordpress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org//marketing after, and a backup person as well.
- Create a Google doc in your related subfolder in the GDrive shared drive for .org marketing and for that specific document, set Share to “Anyone with the link can edit” so others can help take notes. Share the Gdoc link in the #marketing channel.
- Post a recap of notes on make.wordpress.org/marketing, with the subgroup title. A list of members present isn’t necessary.
- Please include a Slack timestamp to the start of the meeting notes for each month in the p2/recap post (similar to https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/marketing/p1483549325000348 ) – just click on the timestamp of the beginning of the meeting and copy that link.
- Someone who is not taking notes should be a timekeeper to make sure the meeting is moving forward, on task, and aware of time limits.
- Please use the last 10 minutes of each meeting to wrap up and discuss next steps. Setting some agenda items for next month’s meeting is great, too!