The Marketing team promotes WordPress to current and future users and contributors. We create and amplify campaigns to support the growth of the WordPress project.
Now that we have four subgroups, it’s difficult to have just one meeting to cover them all. At WCUS I talked to most of the contributors about having rotating weekly meetings so all four subgroups have their time in SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. each month.
Each Wednesday’s meeting will feature a different subgroup:
- 1st Wednesday – Marketing the Community
- 2nd Wednesday – Marketing to End-Users
- 3rd Wednesday – Marketing to Developers
- 4th Wednesday – Marketing to Agencies and Clients
- 5th Wednesday (when/if) – no meeting.
So for January, the schedule will be:
- January 4 – 1st Wednesday – Marketing the Community
- January 11 – 2nd Wednesday – Marketing to End-Users
- January 18 – 3rd Wednesday – Marketing to Developers
- January 25 – 4th Wednesday – Marketing to Agencies and Clients
and so forth. I’ll post a schedule prior to the upcoming month and subgroups should post agenda items + a link to the Slack backscroll for those who missed the meeting.
I’ll be personally involved in helping lead the end-users subgroup, so I’d love for some volunteers to be present, help drive agenda, and post notes for each of the other subgroup meetings! Speak up in the comments.