Now that we have four subgroups, it’s difficult to have just one meeting to cover them all. At WCUS I talked to most of the contributors about having rotating weekly meetings so all four subgroups have their time in Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. each month.
Starting in January and moving forward, let’s meet on Wednesdays at 17:00 UTC, rotating amongst the subgroups. Find your local time zone via Google or World Time Buddy.
Each Wednesday’s meeting will feature a different subgroup:
- 1st Wednesday – Marketing the Community
- 2nd Wednesday – Marketing to End-Users
- 3rd Wednesday – Marketing to Developers
- 4th Wednesday – Marketing to Agencies and Clients
- 5th Wednesday (when/if) – no meeting.
So for January, the schedule will be:
- January 4 – 1st Wednesday – Marketing the Community
- January 11 – 2nd Wednesday – Marketing to End-Users
- January 18 – 3rd Wednesday – Marketing to Developers
- January 25 – 4th Wednesday – Marketing to Agencies and Clients
and so forth. I’ll post a schedule prior to the upcoming month and subgroups should post agenda items + a link to the Slack backscroll for those who missed the meeting.
I’ll be personally involved in helping lead the end-users subgroup, so I’d love for some volunteers to be present, help drive agenda, and post notes for each of the other subgroup meetings! Speak up in the comments.