We want your input on the goals we’re planning for this team for 2024. Our main ideas are to focus on 5 areas:
Testing Project with the Hosting A web hosting service is a type of Internet hosting service that allows individuals and organizations to make their website accessible via the World Wide Web. Tests
- Continuation Plan: Enhancing our PHPUnit test runner and PHPUnit test reporter by adding new capabilities and moving it to the latest tech stack.
- Community Involvement: Inviting more hosting companies to participate and share their insights to enrich this project.
- Improve communication: Contact all the testers to see if the team can help improve the information and feedback.
- Advanced Admin Documentation: Updating and expanding our resources to cover the latest trends and best practices in WordPress administration.
- Hosting Handbook: Continually refining our handbook to make it an even more comprehensive guide for both new and veteran WordPress hosts.
- Migrate content: There is some documentation in the Hosting Handbook that should be in the Advanced Administration or, maybe, other handbooks.
The Hosting Event 2024
- Event Planning: Organizing a hosting-centric WordPress event in June 2024 (before WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. Europe 2024).
CloudFest Hackathon 2024
- Based on the Hosting Survey and the Project Bedrock, we may, once again, try to find a way to create a site or directory for hosting companies that align with WordPress values.
Those are the main ideas for this 2024. Please leave your comments, your implication in any project via the Five for the Future (participating or sponsoring somebody to help with the projects).