The next meeting is scheduled with the following details:
At #hosting-community channel on Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/..
- 2021-2022 WordPress Meetup All local/regional gatherings that are officially a part of the WordPress world but are not WordCamps are organized through https://www.meetup.com/. A meetup is typically a chance for local WordPress users to get together and share new ideas and seek help from one another. Searching for ‘WordPress’ on meetup.com will help you find options in your area. Survey
- 2022 Annual Survey Results & Next Steps
- WordPress 6.2.1 Planning
- Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ 15.7
- Stacks: The first community theme A theme dictates the style and function of your WordPress website. Child Themes derive from the main parent theme.
- 20 Days to Celebrate 20 Years of WordPress, From Blogs to Blocks
- Kim Parsell Memorial Scholarship for WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. US 2023
Hosting A web hosting service is a type of Internet hosting service that allows individuals and organizations to make their website accessible via the World Wide Web. Team Time
- SQLite Database A database is an organized collection of data. Access to this data is usually provided by a "database management system" (DBMS) consisting of an integrated set of computer software that allows users to interact with one or more databases and provides access to all of the data contained in the database. Because of the close relationship between them, the term "database" is often used casually to refer to both a database and the DBMS used to manipulate it. Update
- WP CLI A command-line interface (CLI) processes commands to a computer program in the form of lines of text. Today, many users rely upon graphical user interfaces and menu-driven interactions (WordPress WP-Admin). However, some programming and maintenance tasks may not have a graphical user interface and may still use a command line (WP-CLI). Update
- Contributor Days
Hosting Team Projects
- Advanced Administration Handbook
- Host Test Runners
- Anything not in the agenda
Ideas or suggestions
Anything else? Please leave a comment to add to the meeting.
#agenda, #meetings, #weekly-hosting-chat