After listing the items on the agenda, some extra items that have been discussed and deserve to be in the summary.
There are some PRs for the Handbook:
There are some PRs for the Test Runner:
WordPress Hosting A web hosting service is a type of Internet hosting service that allows individuals and organizations to make their website accessible via the World Wide Web. Live
We continue with the analysis of the best solution for the WordPress Hosting Live project, the meetup All local/regional gatherings that are officially a part of the WordPress world but are not WordCamps are organized through https://www.meetup.com/. A meetup is typically a chance for local WordPress users to get together and share new ideas and seek help from one another. Searching for ‘WordPress’ on meetup.com will help you find options in your area. for professionals in the world of hosting and WordPress.
The operation defined for the events will be as follows:
- We will manage everything from https://www.meetup.com/wphosting/
- We will publish event notes (and even the broadcast embed, if possible) in the make/hosting.
- We will cross-meetup with Learn WordPress.
The next steps are to define an agenda of at least 2-3 events, the frequency, how we are going to choose the speakers… and start!
In a first general question on topics that can be addressed, the following have popped up:
- OpenWeb / IndieWeb
- Performance at a hosting level
- Best ways to have backups A backup is a copy of computer data taken and stored elsewhere so that it may be used to restore the original after a data loss event. Backups can be used to recover data after its loss from data deletion or corruption, or to recover data from an earlier time. Backups provide a simple form of disaster recovery.
- How to control WP at a large scale
Weekly meeting DST update
A final decision has been made to have the events always in UTC time and not to apply the DST changes. Meetings will be held at the following times:
- First meeting: 0900 UTC
- Second meeting: 1800 UTC
New Team Reps
We already have new Hosting Team Reps. The Team Reps page has also been updated.
The next meetings are scheduled with the following details: