This is the summary of the meeting in #hosting-community on Slack Wednesday, December 9, 2019, at 1700 UTC (Slack archive).
@mikeschroder led this discussion!
Attendees: @crixu, @amykamala, @mazeheld, @grafruessel, @duchesscorp, @deb @javiercasares
This was the Hosting A web hosting service is a type of Internet hosting service that allows individuals and organizations to make their website accessible via the World Wide Web. Team Meeting Agenda for Monday December 9th, 2019
- WordPress 5.4 Open Call For Tickets
- WordPress 5.3 Recap and Retrospective
- Updates on Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/
- WordPress 5.3.1 Development Cycle
- WordPress Development Roadmap
- Global WordPress Accessibility Accessibility (commonly shortened to a11y) refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people with disabilities. The concept of accessible design ensures both “direct access” (i.e. unassisted) and “indirect access” meaning compatibility with a person’s assistive technology (for example, computer screen readers). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility) Day
- Update List of Official Team Reps
- Team Meeting Time Changes
- Open Floor
WordPress 5.4 Open Call For Tickets
There’s an open call for tickets for WordPress 5.4! If you have anything that has been on your mind for the next release, this is a great way to bring it up!
WordPress 5.3 Recap and Retrospective
Check out the WordPress 5.3 retrospective and recap!
Updates on Gutenberg
Many Gutenberg updates are on the horizon. Find out what’s new with Gutenberg here!
WordPress 5.3.1 Development Cycle
The WordPress 5.3.1 development cycle is underway and 5.3.1 RC2 is scheduled for release on the 12th! As always, testing is welcome and encouraged.
WordPress Development Roadmap
A development roadmap is available with with some tentative dates! More information found here.
@crixu announced CloudFest in March, where there will be another Hackthon and a WebPros event! CloudFest is welcoming team member participation!
Global WordPress Accessibility Day
The #accessibility team is discussing holding another Global Accessibility Awareness Day! If you’re interested in participating, please leave your information here.
Update List of Official Team Reps
@Mike mentioned that @amykamala has made valuable contributions to the hosting team and is on a track to become an official WordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/ hosting Team Rep A Team Rep is a person who represents the Make WordPress team to the rest of the project, make sure issues are raised and addressed as needed, and coordinates cross-team efforts.!
Team Meeting Time Changes
Meeting days and times will soon be re-scheduled to be more inclusive for APAC time zones. Team members are gravitating towards changing the Monday meetings to 0900 UTC on Wednesdays, the same day as the other hosting meeting. Folks can voice preferences for meeting times and days in this survey.
WordPress.org/hosting Project Status
@crixu asked about the status of the /hosting page on WordPress.org and @mike replied that a response is pending from @chanthaboune on the feedback the Hosting Team provided.
Ease of Use – PHPUnit Test Suite for Hosters
@grafruessel and @crixu discussed the phpunit test runner; if it’s possible to make it easier to install, perhaps with a batch script. They will look into it further, and @mike added that the docs and open issues for that test need some work too. Volunteers are welcome to get involved!
The next meeting will be in #hosting-community on Wednesday, December 18th , 2019 at 17:00 UTC . See you then!