Hosting Meeting Notes: January 17, 2018

Here’s a summary of our meeting in #hosting-community on Wednesday, January 17th, 2018 at 1800 UTC

(Slack archive).

Distributed Testing

  • @danielbachhuber indicated that getting Travis CI to report to the page is in final implementation stages
    • He will continue running the build to verify everything works as expected – details here
  • Analysis of the build failures so far are here
  • Once wpdevbot is submitting results @danielbachhuber is creating a way for it to email that info – details here
  • @andrewtaylor-1 asked – Do you need an email address from existing hosts reporting?
  • @danielbachhuber replied – Each bot user should already have an email address — that's what I'm planning to use.

HostingHosting A web hosting service is a type of Internet hosting service that allows individuals and organizations to make their website accessible via the World Wide Web. Best Practices Documentation

  • @andrewtaylor-1 indicated that comments are still being gone through for the Reliability page but more are still welcome
  • There are placeholder stubs in Security and other topics that could use some help as well

Request for Help!

  • Submit any further feedback about the Reliability page
  • Add to or add feedback to any other topics of the Best Practices Documentation


Miss this week’s meeting and want to know more about anything above? Spend some time in the comments and share your thoughts! OR….Come join us!

Have some questions on how you can get involved? Join #hosting-community and feel free to ask at any time.

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be in #hosting-community on Wednesday, January 24th, 2017 at 1800 UTC. Hope to see you then!

#meetings, #summary, #weekly-hosting-chat