@ninianepress @milana_cap @leonnugraha @jominney @611shabnam @jyolsna @atachibana @femkreations @sumitsingh
Find the complete Transcript of the meeting on Slack.
The next team meeting will be the monthly online Contributor Day which will be held on Jul 25, 2023 at 13:00 UTC.
- helped a bit with WordPress 6.3 docs
- working on nonces core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. dev blog post
- Has been wrangling, reviewing, and publishing WordPress 6.3 dev notes, mainly for Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ with @milana_cap and @bph‘s help
There were a few mentions and discussions on important issues:
Meeting adjustments for August
As WCUS is coming up in August, the team decided to adjust some meeting dates to accommodate team contributors who will be in attendance.
As such, the meeting on Tuesday, 22 August, 2023 will be an asynchronous meeting in the #docs channel on Slack for WCUS Contributor Day Contributor Days are standalone days, frequently held before or after WordCamps but they can also happen at any time. They are events where people get together to work on various areas of https://make.wordpress.org/ There are many teams that people can participate in, each with a different focus. https://2017.us.wordcamp.org/contributor-day/ https://make.wordpress.org/support/handbook/getting-started/getting-started-at-a-contributor-day/..
The monthly online Docs Team Contributor Day that was previously scheduled for August 22 has now been moved to Tuesday, 29 August, 2023 from 13:00-16:00 UTC.
Call for volunteers announcement and amplification
@femkreations almost has the announcement post calling for volunteers to work on the 6.3 Documentation Project Board.
She requests that once the post has been published, that the team shares it to help spread the word to get more contributors.
Headings and bold text in articles
@611shabnam noticed that some articles have headings that are bold instead of actually being formatted as headings and asked for the protocol.
@femkreations and @leonnugraha answered:
- Generally, we use headings H1 through H3
- Bold is used for block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. names or to describe screen names and such