@ninianepress @ninthcoder @leonnugraha @femkreations @atachibana @emmaht @estelaris @thisisyeasin @javiercasares
Find the complete Transcript of the meeting on Slack.
Please note: @ninianepress wrote this summary as @femkreations was unavailable due to other high-priority Documentation Team tasks, and will also write the next summary for similar reasons in place of @estelaris.
@wigno updated #497 and #496.
@emmaht reviewed the above tasks, and @leonnugraha published them.
@wigno also finished the draft for #283.
@leonnugraha added links in the End-User Inventory.
@femkreations added related tasks to the 6.2 Project Board in GitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/:
@atachibana completed task #13.
@estelaris mentioned that the Documentation Sitemap was implemented on March 6th.
Discussion on application for Google Season of Docs
The discussion surrounding the application for the Google Season of Docs has been rescheduled to the next meeting.
Check out the additional details in the summary from the previous bi-weekly Docs Team meeting under the same heading.
Collaboration on HelpHub and DevHub redesign request
@estelaris noted the following for translating documentation:
- The HelpHub and DevDocs redesign request post was published to gather information on processes and needs from locale teams.
- @estelaris is presenting and discussing the new documentation sites (HelpHub and DevHub) in a recent WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. and will work with the Spanish team.
- @javiercasares has ideas on how to test/try out ways of translating.
- @estelaris is working on figuring out if we can use the Inventory as a tracker for polyglots so they are aware when we upload new articles.
How to improve the Glossary in WordPress
Also, in terms of collaboration with the marketing team:
- @estelaris is looking into the marketing team’s initiative to move the WordPress Glossary to a different place as a single source of reference for WordPress terms.
- The idea is to replace the many glossaries in the handbooks and make sure we are using the same definition for matching terms.
- Make teams should be in charge of updating and adding new glossary terms, as needed.
- @chanthaboune is aware of this initiative and has requested to be updated so support can be provided.
Update on the Docs inventory
This part of the meeting was unintentionally missed so it will be added to the agenda for the next bi-weekly Docs Team meeting.
@estelaris has already reached out to the Meta Meta is a term that refers to the inside workings of a group. For us, this is the team that works on internal WordPress sites like WordCamp Central and Make WordPress. team, but asked if any one had suggestions on how to get a page listing for the Support Articles page in Spanish. There are currently no sitemaps on the Rosetta sites:
- @javiercasares suggested an alternate solution if other options aren’t available: Creating a page with the link list by using an API An API or Application Programming Interface is a software intermediary that allows programs to interact with each other and share data in limited, clearly defined ways.. One currently exists, though, it’s empty.
Please note: As a reminder, Daylight Saving is quickly approaching. In Europe it begins on March 26th and in North America Daylight Saving started on March 12th. Regardless, Documentation Team meetings remain at the same scheduled time of 14:00 UTC.