At the end of January, the docs and meta Meta is a term that refers to the inside workings of a group. For us, this is the team that works on internal WordPress sites like WordCamp Central and Make WordPress. teams launched the new site for documentation, internally known as HelpHub. The team’s work is not done as we are still updating old articles and continue writing new ones. The goal is to release new feature articles as close to the latest WordPress version release as possible.
Still missing and tracking
- Update legacy colors #26
- The change log is still a work in progress #6
- Finish the documentation inventory https://github.com/orgs/WordPress/projects/23
- Review the handbook pages for HH and update all
- Review and close HH meta tickets
- Review and close tickets on HH developing repository
Promote the work, tell the world! Announce it everywhere. It has been 8 years since the HelpHub project kicked-off. Most of the initial members are not around as contributors any longer.
The documentation team will continue working in bringing the updated documentation and promote collaboration with other teams, like:
- Discuss with polyglots team Polyglots Team is a group of multilingual translators who work on translating plugins, themes, documentation, and front-facing marketing copy. https://make.wordpress.org/polyglots/teams/. how can we help in implementing the new site map and reorganizing articles that are already translated. This effort will be different with each local team as it will depend on the local teams processes and availability.
- Update content with polyglots – can we create GH issue track per rosetta site? What would be the best process for each locale.
- Introducing the new documentation and developer sites in WordCamps, during Contributor Day Contributor Days are standalone days, frequently held before or after WordCamps but they can also happen at any time. They are events where people get together to work on various areas of https://make.wordpress.org/ There are many teams that people can participate in, each with a different focus. https://2017.us.wordcamp.org/contributor-day/ https://make.wordpress.org/support/handbook/getting-started/getting-started-at-a-contributor-day/. so we can encourage other teams to implement the changes in their own languages.
- Work with the training team to create a crosslink Resources block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. where we can link Learn videos/courses/tutorials and vice versa.
Props to @milana_cap for reviewing the content of this article.