Facilitator of the meeting : @justinahinon
@justinahinon @crstauf @chaion07 @ibdz @atachibana @bph @tacitonic @softservenet @sukafia @diana @cbringmann @estelaris @collinsmbaka @themiked @kulsumsiddique
You can find the Agenda here.
Notes Reviewed by: @collinsmbakaand @tacitonic
Facilitator for Next Meeting: @chaion07
Follow the meeting on the Slack channel for Docs
@atachibana: We are migrating and re-routing Codex to Code Reference, and processed:
Hooks In WordPress theme and development, hooks are functions that can be applied to an action or a Filter in WordPress. Actions are functions performed when a certain event occurs in WordPress. Filters allow you to modify certain functions. Arguments used to hook both filters and actions look the same.: 62 of 355 (17.5% < – 14.4%) by @stevenlinx and @collinsmbaka .
He also did some housekeeping of Classes references.
External Linking Policy
Update from @themiked, here are the points that will need to be addressed regarding external linking policy
- list all the plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party handbook external links
- define safe 5-10 links
- remove the rest
@zzap shared earlier today the progress on “How-To” videos with a new one that has been recorded. @milana_cap finally recorded and uploaded contributing “how to” video for setting up local HelpHub instance. She have also added all the commands and URLs below video for easy copy/paste.
New Member Mentor Training
The Docs new-member Mentorship Team invites six newest member in the team.
Monthly Coffee Break
@sukafia is planning for a coffee break on Thursday 29th October 2020 in the European time zone and the meeting will be scheduled at zoom.
Google Season of Docs 2020
@tacitonic has shared the following update;
Update from @dianamivelli;
- I noted more recommendations for Help Hub topics to reflect new topic title format (action+object)
- Reached out to @tacitonic on #docs team to find out the correct Help Hub topic title capitalization style (sentence case vs. title case) @tacitonic, thanks for the speedy response
- Contacted @estelaris and @timohaver to verify next steps are inline with project plan.
- Added weekly status section to GitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ repository to keep notes on weekly progress.
- Added our project master doc to Git Git is a free and open source distributed version control system designed to handle everything from small to very large projects with speed and efficiency. Git is easy to learn and has a tiny footprint with lightning fast performance. Most modern plugin and theme development is being done with this version control system. https://git-scm.com/. (still learning how to use Git effectively)
@estelaris suggested that Possessive should be WordPress’. All words ending in s will only have an ‘ at the end. @tacitonic and @dianamivelli agreed to it.