@wpza @tacitonic @
sumand @timohaver @milana_cap @b-07 @kulsumsiddique @atachibana @tomf @prubhtej_9 @sukafia @kafleg @kenshino @bizanimesh @bph @tomjn @farhadul Islam @collinsmbaka @ibdz @chalon07 @crstauf @leslie @justinahinon @cguntur @themlked @estelaris @cbringmann
You can find the Agenda here.
Notes Reviewed by: @collinsmbaka and @tacitonic
Facilitator for Next Meeting: @chaion07
Follow the meeting on the Slack channel for Docs
@atachibana: Joined Class & Hook migration Moving the code, database and media files for a website site from one server to another. Most typically done when changing hosting companies. & rerouting project lead by @leogermani. Classes: 8 of 43 (14.0% <- 4.7%) & Hooks In WordPress theme and development, hooks are functions that can be applied to an action or a Filter in WordPress. Actions are functions performed when a certain event occurs in WordPress. Filters allow you to modify certain functions. Arguments used to hook both filters and actions look the same.: 17 of 355 (4.8% <- 4.5%)
Update on docs
- we are making headway in updating pages to 5.5
- had a short trello Project management system using the concepts of boards and cards to organize tasks in a sane way. This is what the make.wordpress.com/marketing team uses for example: https://trello.com/b/8UGHVBu8/wp-marketing. training todoy in our meeting, and answered a few questions
- Haven’t consolidated all spreadsheets yet, will do so this week
- Tried to get PRs from the Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ github GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ repository labeled “UserDocumentation” into the #meta-helphub channel so we can be aware and add them to our trello cards
@justinahinon: Posted the proposal on the team p2 last week for a new better structured Gutenberg developer documentation.
External Linking Policy
@milana_cap saw new comments in the doc but didn’t have any time to answer and include them in the proposal. @kenshino suggested having a zoom call on this. @milana_cap has a concern for hosting the videos for review, @estelaris suggested hosting in G drive
New Member Mentor Training
@tacitonic said that 8 People have joined #docs in the past week and a total of 11 people have joined #docs in the month of August. There were limited response the past week from new members after @tacitonic reached out to them personally.
Monthly Coffee Break
@sukafia have scheduled the next Coffee Break on Aug 27, 2020 01:00 PM Universal Time UTC.
Zoom Link : https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81398073676?pwd=aWE1NmZ1NUxhV2hmWDhRMXZTNnRqZz09
Google Season of Docs 2020
Two people got selected @tacitonic and @diana Mivelli. Two mentors will get allocated at the following projects
- Improve Article Discoverability in WordPress HelpHub Documentation
- A Full and Renewed Set of Documentation Style Guide
@timohaver and @diana Mivelli will work on Article Discoverability. @estelaris thinks that both the projects will get merged at some point. As a style guide @estelaris will contribute to article discoverability, so we should be able to all work together in both projects
@tomf raised a query regarding WordCamps are not funding any kind of multi-day events (even digital ones) and no longer funding any swag too.
@wpza proposed to remove the WordPress branding + using your own Dashboard styles. Which is when you go to Users > Edit (single user) > Select a theme, a chance for WP devs to upload their own theme for toolbar colours, branding, etc.
Please feel welcome to suggest revisions The WordPress revisions system stores a record of each saved draft or published update. The revision system allows you to see what changes were made in each revision by dragging a slider (or using the Next/Previous buttons). The display indicates what has changed in each revision. in the comments.