Purpose to see how we are doing on Docs and look towards the future
Plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party handbook
- Almost complete. One page left to write
- Siobhan is holding back launch with the intro 😉
- Landing page on developer.wordpress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/ will be updated to unveil the plugin hb tomorrow!
- How can we get feedback from the users on handbook pages?
- Add list of pages from the codex that can be redirected or need content migrated into the spreadsheet
- At 67% completion
- Future focus can be put completely on theme hb instead of splitting with plugins
- Difficult to retain contributors
- Takes a while to get them up to speed on how to contribute
- Are still useful as contributors that do return contribute significantly
- Landing page will show the new theme
- Theme hb link should be whited out and say coming soon
- Need examples contributed to the code reference
- Need a way to group together items in the functions reference. Possibly a tag that can be added. Scott (coffee2code) is looking into options
- Need a banner on the handbooks that lets users know all content is volunteer contributed and they can get involved
- Go through codex and find pages that can be relevant to the plugin handbook
- Siobhan will provide list of high traffic codex pages that need to be checked for content and redirected to plugin handbook
- Need a Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. bot that will send messages to #docs when user wants to ask a question???
- How do we easily let in new users to edit handbooks? This needs more discussion. Prefer to contact a human to get access. Preferably one of the editors
- Will be implementing an issue tracking system that will contain tickets for things that need updated/added
- Instead of weekly meetings we should use the blog to post questions, get feedback, etc
- Switch to monthly all docs team chats