You can read the full transcript of this meeting on our Slack channel. You can also read the agenda for this week.
- Recovery mode – This has been patched and resolved.
- Health Check – We have a signoff on the project, and it just needs dev review and commit.
Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ update
- Showcase – @hedgefield is going to be taking it from the current designs across the design finish line. There’s a relevant Figma file for those who are following along. Feedback so far is that it’s needing to use existing .org patterns. For example header The header of your site is typically the first thing people will experience. The masthead or header art located across the top of your page is part of the look and feel of your website. It can influence a visitor’s opinion about your content and you/ your organization’s brand. It may also look different on different screen sizes./footer. You can read more by following the Slack conversation.
- Color docs – The team is looking at rewriting information for this in the handbook. Please drop in and help us plan. We’re going to talk about it next week.
- Design system – Throughout the latter part of the discussion the idea of a design system for WordPress came up. This is nothing new and many folks have raised similar thoughts in the past. This is absolutely worth consideration and discussion in the future as we try to clean up and bring WordPress forward.