This week’s design team meeting was held yesterday at 17:00 UTC. You can catch up on the archive here.
Here are the summary notes:
- There are no items to triage in our inbox.
- There was an open discussion.
- A weekly update on Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ design was asked for and will be added.
- This week Gutenberg released 3.4 and there is a weekly meeting still happening every week at 13:00 UTC on Wednesday’s in #core-editor. The project is in new feature freeze still but iterations and feedback is welcome.
- 4.9.8 is due out and @joshuawold talked about what the experience was like for him and gave his insights from co-leading.
- A final mention is worth adding of the #core-test channel and make.wordpress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org//test where you can find usability testing for the project.
You can join the chat each week in #design at 17:00 UTC on Wednesdays.