For all the details, see the conversation in Slack
This week we’re trying a more simplified agenda. This setup should allow us to have more space for everyone’s input. The aim is more discussion and interaction.
- Trello Project management system using the concepts of boards and cards to organize tasks in a sane way. This is what the make.wordpress.com/marketing team uses for example: https://trello.com/b/8UGHVBu8/wp-marketing. inbox
- Trello Calls for design: follow up on current projects
- Topic of the week
- Open floor
Trello Inbox triage
Calls for Design: follow-ups
@estelaris is having a hard time uploading the infographic native files (.ai) to the training GitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/. She requests help after the meeting.
Topic if the Week
The topic of the week will be something we’d like to spend some extra time on. Nothing for today, but will be Onboarding next week
- people were not sure what to bring up here, but note that it’s ok to bring ideas and concepts to the table that are brand new.
- reminder about existing cards in Trello: if you see a project on the Trello board you’d like to work on but but status is unclear, check with the person on the card (either there or here in Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/..) They may not have updated it, or have been really busy and would love some help.
- Filling the time with ticket triage was suggested, but not everyone wants to dive into triage and we already have a separate meeting for that.
- Don’t forget the triage training for designers happening on Aug. 6, 2018