Agenda for the meeting.
WordPress remote design summit
- We want to do an online summit for anyone interested in design for WordPress. John Maeda would like to support bringing this together; Tammie Lister walked through some initial ideas for making this happen. Inspired by a similar effort.
- The details are still up for discussion, but the basic idea is a summit where anyone can contribute to a specific design goal that the community has agreed on.
- Starting out the goal will likely be focused on improving consistency across the the experience of using WordPress for creating.
- To make this as simple as possible we want to make it a one hour summit that anyone can attend online. Follow the Trello card.
Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/./Trello Project management system using the concepts of boards and cards to organize tasks in a sane way. This is what the make.wordpress.com/marketing team uses for example: https://trello.com/b/8UGHVBu8/wp-marketing. integration
- Since we’re working in Trello and keeping it updated with statuses we’d like to see how an integration between Slack and Trello could make our lives easier.
- It’s important though that this not be over complicated and that we avoid adding noise to Slack. We’ll work to keep Trello updates in Slack to a minimum.
WordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/ access to InVision!
- Are you part of the design team for WordPress.org? Are you interested in helping out more? This might be the perfect incentive to jump in, try something out, and show your work.
- You can request access on the Trello board.
Calls for Design
- .org registration page – We decided to archive this card since we couldn’t remember what it was for :). Great example of having cards in the future get all the details they need before moving them forward.
- Growth council pages – Looking for an update, still in waiting mode to know how we should proceed.
- WordCamp design practices – Would love some help on getting this moved forward! Great opportunity for someone looking to jump in.
Requests to review existing tickets
Create browse happy type notice for PHP Versions
- We had a great example of a task come up that needs some design help, but we’re not quite sure how to proceed. We are going to move it to meeting discussion next week so we can see the best way to help.
- However, it does show a bigger opportunity we have for clearer communication between teams. For instance, if you’re on another team and want Design help, what’s the best way to ask for it? If you’re on the Design team and picking up a task, what info do you need to know? Great challenge that we’ll continue to work on!
Follow-up on older cards
If you’re reading this note, and aren’t yet part of the design team (and want to be) it’s really easy! All you have to do is jump in Slack, join the Design channel and drop a message that you’d like to help out. That’s it. Come join us 🙂