This is the design meeting summary of January 25, 2018. (Slack log)
Present at the meeting were: @Karmatosed (lead), @Boemedia, @Mizejewski, @Dotrex, @Rileybrook, @melchoyce, @cathibosco, @mapk, @joyously, @joshuawold
We had a good meeting, getting more and more structured with the new and growing group of involved design volunteers that attend the meetings, so yay for us!
- Please note that ticket triage on Monday now starts at 17:30 UTC!
- As the meeting was a little chaotic this time, we decided on creating a skeleton structure for future meetings to give more direction during meetings.Weekly recurring meeting topics are:
- Housekeeping: any information or things to share we all need to know.
- Calls for design
- Specific meeting agenda items from comments and Trello Project management system using the concepts of boards and cards to organize tasks in a sane way. This is what the make.wordpress.com/marketing team uses for example: https://trello.com/b/8UGHVBu8/wp-marketing. board ‘meeting’ label (only this one)
- Tickets that need eyeballs
- Trello triage of inbox
- (If time )Trello triage of older columns, this will happen as we will have no other topic
Now the structure is basically set, meetings can be run by anyone. Call for meeting leads and note takers, whoever is interested, please step up!
That being said, @Rileybrook might be interested in helping run once we have a solid structure/process in place. Also, @Mizejewski offers to join the note-taking team, woohoo!
Calls for design
The Marketing team requested another featured image A featured image is the main image used on your blog archive page and is pulled when the post or page is shared on social media. The image can be used to display in widget areas on your site or in a summary list of posts. and a design for a glossary page. These are now posted on the Trello board. Feel free to step up and make a design for these calls.
Trello Meeting topics
A new content suggestion for the Grey BoxTM was done by Michele first needs pre-meeting discussion on Trello before presenting it in the Meeting. So go ahead and ventilate your opinion on Trello!
It was decided that Trello cards are only labelled meeting topic after a-sync pre-discussion was done on Trello.
Tickets that need eyeballs
Joyously again requests eyes on the ticket for search, sorting and filtering in the plugin directory. There’s no filtering in the plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party directory now, so ux-feedback for that is requested: where should it go, what should be in it. If this is a topic that suits you, please feel free to pick up the glove.
Finally we discuss a call for a UX designer for a page for collecting data of compatibility of plugins with Gutenberg by Daniel Bachhuber. This raises a lot of questions within the design team. For now, @Boemedia is the first designer contact for Daniel Bachhuber. Back up discussion partners are Joshua Wold and Jayman Pandya.