During WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. London contributor day Contributor Days are standalone days, frequently held before or after WordCamps but they can also happen at any time. They are events where people get together to work on various areas of https://make.wordpress.org/ There are many teams that people can participate in, each with a different focus. https://2017.us.wordcamp.org/contributor-day/ https://make.wordpress.org/support/handbook/getting-started/getting-started-at-a-contributor-day/., Martin Lugton (@martinlugton), Johan Falk (@j-falk) and Lucijan Blagonic (@lucijanblagonic) created a user testing script to test the features of the Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ editor. This is a guest post from them of their findings.
- When an image is aligned left or right just above the heading, the heading block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. encompasses the image block. Could probably be corrected with adding CSS CSS is an acronym for cascading style sheets. This is what controls the design or look and feel of a site. to clear the floated element?
- Adding links when no text is selected creates a link with no text. Maybe force the user to select something?
- Dragging and dropping of blocks. In prototype 3, the user can drag and drop blocks. But this is only allowed if a user clicks on the left- or right-hand border of the block. Could we allow users to click and drag a block from its top or bottom border as well? Could we allow users to click and drag a block, just by clicking somewhere in its body?
- Adding new block at the top of the page. Do we want to allow and facilitate this?
- When adding new blocks, the user clicked on the HTML HTML is an acronym for Hyper Text Markup Language. It is a markup language that is used in the development of web pages and websites. link instead of Paragraph.
Could we rearrange the links in a more meaningful way? (Headings, Paragraphs, Images, Embed, Quote and HTML (last)).